• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Banana Republic Online Returns Question

Izod32

Reaction score
Banana Republic has a 35 percent off right now for the next 1 hour online

Can someone tell me if i can return the items back if i don't like them or exchange them? I am not sure if i can since there is a 35 percent off thing. I read there is no exchange, returns on FINAL SALE ITEMS. Is that only on items that are on the sale section?

So if i buy pants for 98.50, i can still return those correct even though i get 35 percent off? And if i do, do i get credit to my credit card or do i get a gift card if i return/exchange it at the store?

Can someone who bought online from Banana Republic tell me if i would be able to return/exchange these items? I bought from BR online many times but that was a few years ago.

Reaction score
Coincidentally, I had this inquiry last week.

In short--yes, you can return Sale items as long as they don't explicitly say "FINAL SALE" in the item description.

I bought some Gap jeans on sale a few weeks ago and I talked to one of their customer service reps. Since Gap and Banana Republic share the same return/exchange policies, it should be the same for you.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bubble_republic
In short--yes, you can return Sale items as long as they don't explicitly say "FINAL SALE" in the item description.

This.

Izod32

Reaction score
Okay because i want to buy about 3-4 pants. But the thing is i will only keep 2 at the most. I just want to look at all of them before i decide which one i would like to keep. Do you guys say it is fine for me to do this? The reason is because its 35 percent off for the next 20 minutes only.

Reaction score
I don't see anything morally wrong with it. I recently bought 4 pairs with the intention of returning 3.

Izod32

Reaction score
okay i just bought 2 pairs of pants. A gray wool pant and a chino pants. It totaled around 148 or so but after discount it was 101.

RangerP

Reaction score
I don't want to make you dissapointed with your purchase but I also want you to be informed...

Banana Republic ALWAYS has those sales so don't get overly excited and go out and buy a whole bunch of stuff when they have these sales. Gap/BR/Old Navy have sales almost every single day of the year.

What I recommend you do is to wait until the piece you want goes significantly on sale on the website and then wait for the 40% or 50% off sale that applies to discounted merchandise. I've only missed one item while waiting for this "double" sale, as in they were sold out of my size.

I'll probably get crucified on here for admitting that I buy certain things at BR because this site does not approve of the quality/value of their products...

Just trying to help you out. I don't think I've ever purchased anything from BR that was not 65% off or more. I say 65% because I won't buy unless it's marked down 40% and there is an online code for and extra 40%.

Izod32

Reaction score
hey ranger. Yes i am aware BR has these sales a lot. However, when its 30 percent off or so, all the good stuff are taken in the sizes people normally buy which is why i got it quickly. Where do you ever see 65 percent off? The highest i ever seen is 40 percent off where you can still maybe for a few hours get the good things and then after those few hours, its only XL and XXL and the clothes no one wants.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Izod32
Banana Republic has a 35 percent off right now for the next 1 hour online

Can someone tell me if i can return the items back if i don't like them or exchange them? I am not sure if i can since there is a 35 percent off thing. I read there is no exchange, returns on FINAL SALE ITEMS. Is that only on items that are on the sale section?

So if i buy pants for 98.50, i can still return those correct even though i get 35 percent off? And if i do, do i get credit to my credit card or do i get a gift card if i return/exchange it at the store?

Can someone who bought online from Banana Republic tell me if i would be able to return/exchange these items? I bought from BR online many times but that was a few years ago.

here's your answer...

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/custom...&clink=2486830

i cant believe we have to hand hold people around here.

"hey gaiz i just got 2000 bux im a student , i dont know what to spend it on should i get a mac or some clothes?? HaLp!!!"

RangerP

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Izod32
hey ranger. Yes i am aware BR has these sales a lot. However, when its 30 percent off or so, all the good stuff are taken in the sizes people normally buy which is why i got it quickly. Where do you ever see 65 percent off? The highest i ever seen is 40 percent off where you can still maybe for a few hours get the good things and then after those few hours, its only XL and XXL and the clothes no one wants.

Not much to add except that that has not been my experience. Like I said, I've only missed one item that I wanted while waiting for a sale.

Like I explained... I say 65% off because I always wait for the item to go in the sale section of the website down 40%... then you can apply the 40% off code they send you every other week. That gives roughly 65% off

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i cant believe we have to hand hold people around here.

This.

"Gee, I could call Banana Republic's toll-free mail-order line and ask them, OR I could research men's clothing forums, sign up for the best one, and start a thread there asking about Banana Republic's return policy on specific items."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads