1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Banana Republic, not that bad

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Nov 4, 2009.

1. seany

seany Senior Member

did not read

sartre864 is to me what x26 is to fuuma

/thread

Dude brought up a well written and thought out argument and you shrug it off.

Give it a read.

2. sartre864

sartre864 Senior Member

did not read sartre864 is to me what x26 is to fuuma /thread
    I'm not familiar with the reference, but I'm guessing it ultimately ties in with your simplemindedness.

3. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Distinguished Member

Here are our conclusions
    Some people like Banana Republic
    Some people hate it
    Some of us don't even like talking about it
    Some of us think it is just not that bad

I started this thread and I can end it.

4. a-rock

a-rock Senior Member

I started this thread and I can end it.

and the stylish masses rejoice!

5. CBrown85

CBrown85 Distinguished Member

6. happyxix

happyxix Member

Just checking my math but did you just say that people who buy expensive clothes do so in hopes that other people will recognize them as being expensive but since expensive clothes don't have logos or other discernible features to distinguish them from cheap clothes then they are as worthless as overpriced cables?

And you signed up just to say this on a fashion forum?

You'll forgive me if I question the validity of your opinion.

Some of us been lurking here for months. I only joined cause typing those stupid codes to search annoys. No I said expensive clothes are just as stupid as expensive cables. The point of diminishing returns ends pretty early for clothing and it starts around the price points of BR. Anything higher than that is just a waste of money...unless you're filthy rich then continue on putting money back into the economy.

7. NorCal

NorCal Distinguished Member

Some of us been lurking here for months. I only joined cause typing those stupid codes to search annoys. No I said expensive clothes are just as stupid as expensive cables. The point of diminishing returns ends pretty early for clothing and it starts around the price points of BR. Anything higher than that is just a waste of money...unless you're filthy rich then continue on putting money back into the economy.

A: You're wrong.
    B: This thread is pointless. BR is mid range crap, fine for a basic here and there but about as exciting as day times soaps w/o any sex or drama. THERE IS NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT. Buy a few pieces and STFU.

Now every body go post somewhere else, MWoC needs five more pages on the thigh measurement issue.

8. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

Ah, yes, the old "I ride a bicycle because a car is a waste of money since a bicycle will also get you where you want to go" argument. You don't find it ironic that you're defending Banana Republic which of all things happens to be the most expensive store of the Gap family? You're bitching about people driving Ferraris while extolling the Lexus parked in your driveway. But feel free to think about that as you sit in front of your hand-built-from-scratch computer while drinking your Albertsons-brand Cola.

9. Razele

Razele Distinguished Member

I HAVE SEEN THE BR LIGHT Watch for my new FS threak

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

11. erzu

erzu Senior Member

jettyboy's like an ex-smoker who tends to go overboard at the first whiff of cigarette smoke. so understand and just be nice to him.

12. jet

jet Persian Bro

Ah another classic case of noob rage on the internet please allow me to break it down for everyone

-noob gets ripped in a thread
    -noob gets mad
    -noob seeking revenge posts in different thread displacing anger from getting e-rectum gangbanged by everyone in previous thread
    -other noobs who got shitted on pior unite with said noob to form noob coalition
    -noob makes it internet mission to await next opportunity to strike and miserably fail again

Lesson: If peasant noobs lurked moar and learned something instead of spouting verbal diarrhea they could easily avoid tears and embarrassment for lack of experience.

Note: Above is not dissimilar to a kia owner registering on a bmw forum and popping off about bmw owners being elitist pricks because all they want to talk about is bmws.

13. seany

seany Senior Member

I agree and disagree with your views Jet. It's not about him being a noob, its about his opinion on BR and yours on it.

You liked BR at one point (or atleast some of their clothing), and he just reminded you that you did. Yes clearly 99% of the stuff worn here is better then BR, and yes your style def has changed for the better since 2006-2007.

But isnt it possible that hes at the same stage you were at 06 right now ?

Give the "noobs" a chance, no one who joins here stays wearing mall brands and you know that by now. Instead of fighting with the noobs, show them the light.

14. sartre864

sartre864 Senior Member

Silly me, how could I forget that infallible credibility comes standard with a high post count?