• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Banana Republic Leather Jacket Opinions?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Worked there and dealt with them regularly. Fit is never flattering, almost always had qc issues with the leather, and they just overall felt cheap. Would not recommend.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Worked there and dealt with them regularly. Fit is never flattering, almost always had qc issues with the leather, and they just overall felt cheap. Would not recommend.

lol well said ... right from the horses mouth

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$400 for a BR leather and you're saying thats a good price? Lol wtf

*#..

Reaction score
The only thing I buy from Banana Republic is their blank t shirts. I advise you do the same.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to counter the trend and say that my dad has a couple BR leathers that have held out well for them. You can stack discounts (40% off is common, Tuesdays you get an extra discount but I can't remember how much) and come out with probably the cheapest "wearable" leather jacket you can find. If you're on a major budget, i'd say go for it (though try it on first!). If you can wait and save up, buy a ToJ.

jos1980

Reaction score
400 is a steal when you consider other jackets with the same style over a 1000 dollars.

Went to check it out at the mall, fit was really spot on. Leather was softer than expected just hoping it will last. Had an extra 30 percent off, so couldn't say no.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With leather jackets style is less important than leather quality.

But if you are happy more power to you.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
i buy br boxers. the girl likes some of the br socks. but for the most part br **** sucks ass.

halisray

Reaction score
use that $400, add an extra $300, and go to Temple of Jawnz for something with real quality

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed- ^^

If it works for you, then why not? Everyone has a different standard. Maybe they've changed standards since I worked there. But if you're satisfied, then good pickup.

bananananana

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've seen it in stores. Heavily sprayed on finish, which scratches easily, to make it softer feeling in stores. Also has a weird smell.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bananananana
I've seen it in stores. Heavily sprayed on finish, which scratches easily, to make it softer feeling in stores. Also has a weird smell.

lol, thats always a bad sign in life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads