• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Banana Republic 40% off Outwear Sale - Anything Good?

althanis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I arrived at work and saw an email sitting in my Inbox announcing a 40% off all outwear and free shipping at BR between 11am and 2pm today local time (wherever you are I suppose).

Their outerwear is here:
http://bananarepublic.gapcanada.ca/b...&redirect=true

I've been looking for a nice warm dressy overcoat that could work for my business casual work environment but also do double duty with a good jeans and boots on weekends.

Is anything there worth it at 60% of the list price? There's no way I'd spend $345 for some of those things, but closer to $200 and I'd consider it.

JG000

Reaction score
After a recent visit to BR, I was quite fond of their herringbone blazers and quilted jackets.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like either is on that list?

odiv

Reaction score
I'm eyeing the classic navy peacoat, but it might be more worthwhile to try to find a secondhand, better quality coat. I don't know anything about the quality of Banana Republic generally or these coats specifically. Is "78% Wool, 19% Nylon, 3% Other fiber" a good mix? Should I be looking around for all wool? It's a Canadian deal and the coupon code is BRCDAPOWER to be entered in on checkout, for anyone who's wondering.

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HEPennypacker
Is the code working for you?

Code wouldn't work for me online so I made a phone order.

HEPennypacker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asdf
Code wouldn't work for me online so I made a phone order.
I was on hold when the code finally started working, so I hung up and placed it online. Also, this was not just for Canada, though the time frame has expired for the east coast.

odiv

Reaction score
Ah. I thought it was Canadian since all the links I saw were to Canadian sites.

Still on the fence about the Classic navy peacoat. There look to be some pretty decent ones on ebay... but then I have to use ebay and deal with God knows who.

edit: ended up not pulling the trigger. Probably for the best.

RangerP

Reaction score
40% is not enough for BR outerwear IMO.

If you have the patience to wait, they often have the 375$ on for like 100-130$ after Christmas.

I have 2 jackets from them. I paid 45$ for one that was originally priced at 190$ and paid 100$ for one that was priced at 350$. Both purchased last year.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.