• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baltimore Inner Harbor men's stores?

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be in Baltimore Tomorrow and Wednesday. What are the best haberdashers? Gian Marco? Eddie Jones? Filene's?

Anything else? I'll be on foot so it'll need to be in the downtown/harbor area.

bullethead

Reaction score
there is a filenes in the inner harbor. Frankly, it was the only mens store i noticed that drew any interest.
Baltimore is a good time, enjoy

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say Filenes is the only spot of real interest. There is a shop called Gentai for the streetwear inclined, but there are much better streetwear destinations in DC.

Fortunately there is plenty of non-clothing-related fun to be had.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bullethead, Magician; much appreciated.

I get to Baltimore about every two years but rarely have any down time.

Time for crab cakes
wink.gif

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
crabcakes? this time of year, I would focus on the oysters!

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to check out custom tailor Victor Pascal: http://www.victorpascal.com/. Filene's has some nice Brioni ties for $69 on a small circular rack above the rest of the ties. The Borrelli shirts are under a sign reading The Vault and I believe they are currently priced around $105.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
You might want to check out custom tailor Victor Pascal: http://www.victorpascal.com/. Filene's has some nice Brioni ties for $69 on a small circular rack above the rest of the ties. The Borrelli shirts are under a sign reading The Vault and I believe they are currently priced around $105.

Cheers!

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Cheers!

Originally Posted by KObalto
Ties are now marked down to about $49.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say Filene's is the only place worth visiting. Gian Marco caters to a more, umm, ethnic crowd. Lots of very loud ties from Dolcepunta and Missoni and some mid-range Italian suits/sportcoats that don't represent great value. The best you can do for menswear is probably JS Edwards, which is in the burbs - and Canali is about as good as it gets there. Lots of Abboud, some Samuelson, and a bit of Corneliani.

You may also want to try the Arundel Mills Mall, which has a Saks Off-5th and a Nieman Marcus Last Call. They occasionally have nice stuff but it's very hit or miss.

I can recommend some great restaurants though, if you're interested.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips gang.

I did get to Filene's. Pretty slim pickings. They do have a few Brioni ties, both silk and casmere but all pretty boring and priced at 69.

I did find a nice Tumi chocolate leather belt for 19. Also grabbed a cashmere scarf and a couple squares.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention the Descours scarves. I got a light grey one in cashmere and a brown windowpane one in camel hair. Good deal for $40. The ties are actually 30% off even though this isn't reflected anywhere. I got a very nice brown silk and wool weave Brioni there Wednesday. It has very subtle additional hues as well. It's very hard to appreciate anything in that store with their horrible lighting. I take everything over to a window to view before buying.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads