Baltazar belts on ebay

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by tiger02, May 14, 2006.

1. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Several of 'em right now, for the ladies too. Here's one with an uber-low starting bid and this seller has 10 or so. I bought one of the Coffin design from her, she's great to work with. According to LA Guy the style is discontinued, brown leather painted black, and runs small. I'll post pics in a week or so when it gets here.

Tom

2. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Several of 'em right now, for the ladies too. Here's one with an uber-low starting bid and this seller has 10 or so. I bought one of the Coffin design from her, she's great to work with. According to LA Guy the style is discontinued, brown leather painted black, and runs small. I'll post pics in a week or so when it gets here.

Tom

I got the first one posted, in brown, and it's definitely one of my favorite belts. I don't think this option include the buckle though, which is this belt's weakest point anyway...

3. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

Since the belt I've been using for a long time is now totally falling apart, I might be interested in one.

I really dig the design of the one with all these crosses, but I think it'd be better if it was in another color, like brown without the silver..

4. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

what size belt is recommend for a 34 inch waist?

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Since the belt I've been using for a long time is now totally falling apart, I might be interested in one.

I really dig the design of the one with all these crosses, but I think it'd be better if it was in another color, like brown without the silver..

Ripping off my belt! But yeah, you order off their website (www.baltazar.la). I think that a pretty basic jobby like mine would run about $215 these days. I've definitely gotten more than that much wear out of mine (I wear it about 3/4 of the time, the remaining quarter of the time being taken up by my Engineered Garments Quick Release belt).

6. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

I ordered a Large, again on LA Guy's advice that they run small. 33-34" waist, depending on lunch.

7. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

Ripping off my belt! But yeah, you order off their website (www.baltazar.la). I think that a pretty basic jobby like mine would run about $215 these days. I've definitely gotten more than that much wear out of mine (I wear it about 3/4 of the time, the remaining quarter of the time being taken up by my Engineered Garments Quick Release belt).

Hah! Thanks.

Anyway, $215 for a belt is a tad rich for me these days. I'm looking at the first belt sold on eBay which is very nice too.

I've got an interview later today, if I get the job perhaps I'll give order one from Baltazar and rip your style off? [​IMG]

8. LA Guy

Large, probably. The new size is a little more forgiving than the old sizing, but still... and this is the type of belt you want to show some extra tongue on anyway.

9. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

Geez, the seller with the lot of belt is only shipping to the US. What's the disadvantage of shipping to Canada if I am willing to pay the shipping fees? Oh well...

10. tiger02

tiger02 Militarist

Geez, the seller with the lot of belt is only shipping to the US. What's the disadvantage of shipping to Canada if I am willing to pay the shipping fees? Oh well...
    She's very reasonable to deal with, try emailing her.

11. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

what kind of leather is this? looks like its pretty flimsy? i know they're supposed to be known for their belts, but are they really of quality?

maybe i've just been looking at saddle leather red moon belts for too long. haha. let's just say i'm glad my parents didn't wear a redmoon belt while i was growing up.

Edit: Whoops, meant to respond, not edit.

12. LA Guy

what kind of leather is this? looks like its pretty flimsy? i know they're supposed to be known for their belts, but are they really of quality?

maybe i've just been looking at saddle leather red moon belts for too long. haha. let's just say i'm glad my parents didn't wear a redmoon belt while i was growing up.

The belts are not at all flimsy. They Italian fullgrain (sometimes) tumbled leather with an additional leather (or suede backing.) I beat up my belts, and mine is holding up just fine after a few years of constant abuse. Actually, it's ageing very well, with no treatment whatsoever. I would say that the quality overall is on par with Red Moon belts (although that is really like comparing apples and oranges) and personally, I like the styling more.

13. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

She's very reasonable to deal with, try emailing her.

I did. She doesn't want to file the papers required to ship something out of the country. Thanks for the advice though.

14. xcoldricex

xcoldricex Senior member

how do they compare with the EG belts?

15. LA Guy

how do they compare with the EG belts?

Well, again, that is sort of comparing apples and oranges. The EG belts are a good basic belt in bridle leather with decent buckles. Baltazar belts are much more embellished and the finishing on them is significantly more sophisticated. I guess that I would say that Baltazar and Redmoon belts are comparable in quality, although the base material is significantly diffferent, and that both are highly superior to Hollywood Trading Company belts...