• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Balmoral from Koronya

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, but:
I'd consider hooks/speed laces.
I think the last should be pointy or squared, this looks like some kind of compromise which I don't really like.
Is the waist beveled?

MarcellHUN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
Nice, but:
I'd consider hooks/speed laces.
I think the last should be pointy or squared, this looks like some kind of compromise which I don't really like.
Is the waist beveled?

I wanted to make something really traditional (actually the hooks can be touched to these holes too). Yes the waist is bevelled.

Thanks for the comment!

Zandros

Reaction score
Very nice. There seems to be an odd break in the toe cap on the large picture, which I don't like, but I cannot see it in the other photographs. Balmoral boots are a personal favourite, and it's much appreciated to see a new pair.

/Adrian

Sprezzatura2010

Reaction score
Is the bal boot much harder to make that a blutcher boot, or uncomfortable to wear?

I'm curious because they look elegant in the pictures I have seen on this forum, yet I have never seen one for sale in real life.

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
i think these bal boots look great!

my only comment would be to shorted the length of the cap toe by 1cm this will give them better balance IMO!

MarcellHUN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura2010
Is the bal boot much harder to make that a blutcher boot, or uncomfortable to wear?

I'm curious because they look elegant in the pictures I have seen on this forum, yet I have never seen one for sale in real life.

It is very comfortable - this info comes from the first hand: me. I made them to myself (not just because I am a shoefan, but I would never sell them before I try), and I love them.

Yes it is harder to make, because many reason. (and finally installed 4-4 hooks on them - not just because pabloj suggested, but really more practical)

jjl5000

Reaction score
Originally Posted by luk-cha
i think these bal boots look great!

my only comment would be to shorted the length of the cap toe by 1cm this will give them better balance IMO!

+1

Very nice boots but the cap looks a tad too long. I would be concerned that it might crease as a result and then look unsightly.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.