• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Bexley boots with a Ridgeway sole and have been impressed with the traction they provide. Unfortunately there is no option for Ridgeway soles on Carmina's site, but I suppose it can't hurt to ask.

The victory sole looks quite similar so I assumed it would have similar properties.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass shell / calf combo cleaned and shined and ready for its second boot season.

orig.jpg

jokb

Reaction score
Vass shell / calf combo cleaned and shined and ready for its second boot season.

orig.jpg

Boots are still looking sharp Roger!

Coincidentally, I shined the shoe version of these boots last night and sporting them today.

image1 (1).jpeg

image2 (1).jpeg

MGitlis

Reaction score
AC8CDB6C-F8AC-4428-B750-4F8703A7CD87.jpeg
C45FDA68-5A29-40A9-9387-549350BFE797.jpeg
Inspired by the beautiful blue Vass balmoral boots I saw in this thread (thanks RogerP), I had these made by Carmina on the Simpson last. Black grain on vamp mostly for comfort, because the crease of the Simpson last can dig into my foot a little. Cuffing pants that way only to show you the boots better,
I don’t walk around like that

Seoul Soul

Reaction score
View attachment 1081607 View attachment 1081608 Inspired by the beautiful blue Vass balmoral boots I saw in this thread (thanks RogerP), I had these made by Carmina on the Simpson last. Black grain on vamp mostly for comfort, because the crease of the Simpson last can dig into my foot a little. Cuffing pants that way only to show you the boots better,
I don’t walk around like that
These look incredible, very worthy of the epiteth "boot Appreciation" indeed! I would even suggest you'd walk around with cuffed pants, you would do beholders a favor.

I'd like to ask: is there any way to integrate balmoral boots into a smart casual look that features clean black/grey jeans and a button up/sweater/coat? Or are balmoral boots with jeans just as "uncanny valley" as jeans with black oxfords?
I recently ordered black balmorals, but noticed that I'd probably have trouble integrating them into my wardrobe.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads