• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had considered them, but was under the impression that would require traveling to Budapest.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had considered them, but was under the impression that would require traveling to Budapest.
There are a couple of online retailers you can use, but I don't think Vass will take direct orders from new customers. I am in the US, never been to Budapest, and have ordered 2 pairs through retailers.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the online Vass retailers in Europe charge significantly more than €550. In any case I have yet to see the exact boot I want.

I guess I'll email them and see what they say.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nothing on eBay.

They already responded to the email I sent. €670 including shoe tree and shipping, to be shipped at the end of January. Still pricey but probably a better deal than Carmina.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is quite high. The 550 EUR sounds about right but with VAT taken out. I would try to research their lasts though as they fit differently.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vass never got back to me re sizing so ended up going with Carmina. I chose the 80450 boot in brown museum calf on the Rain last. I added hooks and they will be on Victory soles instead of Dainite.

It's a pity there were no decent RTW options, because it's definitely more than I would have liked to spend. But I got a free belt out of it, at least.

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just so you know, I once had Victory soles on a pair...very slippery, dangerously so on ice and stone floors when wet.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk

Results are only viewable after voting.