• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JBMarce21

Reaction score
i think namor has a pair of light brown shell with a rubber sole. or atleast ordered one with it and it ended up being too big
yes I saw those... they looked awesome, also part of the reason why I am leaning that way. Meermin MTO's... they didn't have the rubber tho, I saw he had leather soles with the flush steel toe tap. Namor, your thoughts?

claes500

Reaction score

Group photo of G&G Canterbury on DG70 burgundy cordovan, Carmina boot on Robert-last in Cognac Crodovan and C&J Avebury on 337 in black calf

Papperskatt

Reaction score
Next week a new shoe store called Skoaktiebolaget will open here in Stockholm and I found these Carmina beauties on their website and thought that I should share them here.

BTW, any news on the Meermin balmoral boots yet? :)

JBMarce21

Reaction score
Next week a new shoe store called Skoaktiebolaget will open here in Stockholm and I found these Carmina beauties on their website and thought that I should share them here.

BTW, any news on the Meermin balmoral boots yet? :)
No news... it's killin me! those are awesome though... can you order from them, have them ship to you? that would be amazing!

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Group photo of G&G Canterbury on DG70 burgundy cordovan, Carmina boot on Robert-last in Cognac Crodovan and C&J Avebury on 337 in black calf

idk if i said this before but all those boots look awesome especially the carmina bal boot

JBMarce21

Reaction score
They do take order via e-mail, see details at http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/store

Too bad about the no news from Meermin part but hopefully you'll here from them soon.
smile.gif
absolutely. Pepe and I speak a lot because I am helping them with their business potentially opening up a store here in NYC, so I'll let you know!

JBMarce21

Reaction score

JBMarce21

Reaction score
OK Fellas give me the deal. I am torn between the pebble grain and calf balmoral boots pictured above, and these chukkas http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/news/905-rain-cuero-1

I think I can wear the chukkas with a suit and they will work with jeans as well and everything in between. I have some beat up chukkas now as well, which I can rock with jeans and in between (but not a suit) because when I do wear them with jeans, it's typically to go out in places dark enough for the sentiment of 'as long as it's leather, and not a sneaker, you're good' in NYC.

SO do i get replacement chukkas and be looking good for suit-through-denim, or keep the chukkas i have for denim and some levels of in between (when they are shined and nice) and get the balmoral's for suits?

I wear suits 5 days a week btw.

diglett

Reaction score
Only obvious solution: Get both
biggrin.gif

I'd have to say the bal boots, but that's because I'm just getting into this type of shoe. Also, chukkas seem to be pretty big right now (with DBs getting popular), so that may or may not influence your liking of the chukkas. Ultimately, they're both beautiful shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads