• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BALMAIN BLACK LEATHER OFFICER BOOTS 42.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnypav

Reaction score
I am a classically trained, New York based, Men's Fashion Editor committed to providing my customers with the finest quality products. I am in the process of relocating to a warmer climate - making my most cherished pieces available for purchase.

FROM My personal collection, BALMAIN HOMME SS11 FW11 Black Leather Officer Boots designed by Christophe Decarnin.

FIT LABELED SIZE 42, FIT SIZE 42.5 and 43
Length of Outer Sole measures 12.25"

FABRICATION Made of the finest quality Black Leather, these boots were made in France. From the first generation of BALMAIN HOMME -when production numbers were small and the quality was immaculate. The supple, soft calf leather hugs the foot and ankle beautifully. The gum sole makes for an even more pronounced silhouette.

HISTORY
Seen in all of Christophe's men's collections, he really believed in the last of this special boot. Another pair will never be made to this high specification and quality. All of his pieces made in France were so carefully developed. Purchased from BARNEYS NY for $1400.

Christophe Decarnin's designs for men and for women remain incredibly influential, especially to the launch of Saint Laurent Paris by Hedi Slimane. These boots remain in fantastic condition. They were rarely worn - only on a handful of special occasions. A shoemaker can give them the high polished look, but I prefer them slightly worn - as an authentic extra tall black leather officer boot should be.

NOTES
As seen in the BALMAIN HOMME SS11 FW11 lookbooks, these boots are certainly an industry icon. Coming from my personal archive, they are incredibly rare and collectible. I am only parting with them to balance the high cost of my relocation. The box will not be included with this pair - it belongs to the silver slip boot - also available.

I pride myself on providing superior customer service and packaging each shipment professionally. Please let met know if you may have any questions regarding this auction or the other BALMAIN pieces that are currently available. If you are the winning bidder, I look forward to communicating with you to complete the transaction in a timely manner. If you are an international bidder from outside of the US, I am enrolled in ebay's international shipping service. If you prefer to make alternate international shipping arrangements, please let me know. Thank you in advance for your interest in my merchandise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALMAIN-HOM...871?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item234b8a7687

Attachments

• clement-chabernaud-karim-sadli-balmain-the-parisian-boy-5.jpg
    clement-chabernaud-karim-sadli-balmain-the-parisian-boy-5.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads