• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bally's in Marshall @$79

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was trying to find out why so many Ballys are starting to appear on Ebay. I found my answer today, Marshall's is full of Bally shoes @$79. Even the $700+ Scribes are only $79. The $79 price is Marshall's regular price.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm up for some size US10Ds if anyone's going
smile.gif

mfdugan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
I was trying to find out why so many Ballys are starting to appear on Ebay. I found my answer today, Marshall's is full of Bally shoes @$79. Even the $700+ Scribes are only $79. The $79 price is Marshall's regular price.

The Marshalls discount stores?

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yep, the discount stores. Be warned, these are not light, elegant shoes, at least the ones I saw. They've very thick and heavy. Like tanks. Lots of odd sizes, too.

I had been interested in a pair of Scribe monks I spotted on eBay, but lost interest after seeing the others in person.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any 13s?

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Bally's, AE or Cole Haan's?
Any of them really

JeffC

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty

I was just about to post this. I found a pair of Bally Scribe monkstraps for $79.99 US12D/EU11E in the Pentagon City Marshall's. First time I ever found a good pair of shoes in my size. As posted, these shoes could use a trim. A little clunky. If they could just get rid of that extra bit that starts at the waist and continues around the toebox, these would be nice looking shoes.

Nothing a little dremel tool can't fix (j/k).

-Jeff

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Don't be so quick to laugh, I took a knife to a pair of Bally loafers that had IMO too wide of soles and the result (I didn't get around to finishing yet) will look quite good. Take them to a good shoe guy, you might be surprised.

I will check Marshalls again, but we almost never get the good stuff you guys talk about out here in Timbuktu.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Request: If one of you comes across US 10.5 / UK 9.5 scirbes, can you please get them get them for me, figure we can use the forum to look around for our sizes not be subjected to the ebay markups.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads