Bally Shoes and how people feel about them

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by DudleyDoRight, Sep 24, 2016.

1. DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight Member

[​IMG]

So I just scored these Bally's for cheap and I want to know if these are shoes you guys consider to be of decent quality. I've been up and down these forums and I made an account specifically to ask this. Are these shoes gravy or straight ass biscuits?

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

In general, I think the consensus is that Bally's aren't so great for their pricepoint. For a great deal, they are probably not bad. Main thing is whether they fit you, they fit your budget/wardrobe, and you like them. If "yes," then they are a keeper.

Bally Scribes are very nice; they are the higher-end line. I have a pair of Spectators that are very lovely. But, again, at their superlative pricepoint ($1000+)... one could find better.

But, overall, I don't think they are considered a hidden gem or a "must have" brand when all is taken into consideration. Not quite gravy and not quite biscuits. Maybe grits or hominy.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016

3. DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight Member

Idk about grits but I've had some bawsy hominy before lol these appear to be made in Switzerland, Goodyear welted (judging from where I see the stitching) Bally's with the logo embossed into the insole. They feel nice and all and I scored them for $125 American. I'm aware of brands like AE, Alden, John Lobbs, Loake, church's, Ferragamo, etc. I kinda figured you would say that but I want to know since their switch to n we

4. DudleyDoRight

DudleyDoRight Member

Sorry I hit reply too soon by accident, but since they were bought by labelux in 2008 I heard their quality improved and I wonder if anyone can attest to that

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Prof. Fabulous Dubiously Honored

My post was about recent Bally.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016