• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bally of Switzerland shoes?

abrocketsfan

Reaction score
I've always found these shoes to have nice supple & comfortable leather. The style have gotten more fashion-forward, but what do you guys think of the quality and reputation of Bally?

For those reason they are often found for under $200 on the Bay or shoes.com . Is the construction or craftsmanship several notches below the big names?

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably Bally isn't a fan favorite here, but if you like them and take care of them, they ought to last for a bit.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top of line Bally shoes are the "Scribe" line. These are goodyear welted, closed-channel, good quality calf leather with good attention to finishing/detail. The shapes are hit/miss. At a full retail of >$800 they are not a good buy.

Typical Bally shoes are OK. I would not, however, pay $200 for them.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scribe are very good quality shoes, if they style suits you, they are probably a good value even at around $300.

I have owned ballys in the past and would be willing to own them again, but only for about $40 used or maybe $80 new. Definitely never over $100. They fit my feet well.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im European, have some Bally's and like them. I drop in on the local stores in Zurich, Cannes & Nice every couple of months and see if there is anything good. They suit my feet, they have a large selection of winter capable soles. read: crepe, comando or danalite equvalent. Their Golf shoes are quite good to
biggrin.gif
I have Bally's dating back 2decades ... As of now I stil dont have anny british or american shoes
wink.gif

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My father wears Bally shoes (loafers, I think). He quite likes them for the fit and leather, and he never spends a lot on clothes or shoes. He drops over $200 a pair and he's happy with his purchase as they serve him well, and I think that's what matters.

posterista

Reaction score
Found on eBay recently, fake Bally men' s shoes. The seller claims to have purchased the shoes new at the Bally store located in San Jose, CA but Bally does not have a store in San Jose, CA.

I will always be amazed at how eBay can facilitate the sale of counterfeit goods on its website and get away with it, let alone profit from it. Go figure!

See pictures attached.

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C21 just got a shipment of Bally shoes. They are really nothing special. The prices were all about $150.

babygreenspots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shoes are rather popular among the nouveaus here in China. They sell for around USD 1,000. I have one of their vintage bags that I like.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lastest batch of Scribes wingtips are hot!! They are worth 50% of retail. I saw some @ Saks in Chicago

171008_real60.jpg

stylomilo

Reaction score
Has any one tried Bally Scribe's Made to Measure service? Any thoughts on it?

Jerome

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some solid middle-priced quality, rather on the conservative end. Good service, nice and pretty and quite unobstrusive personnel in their shops, esp. their dark brown suede leather shoes are nice, in my experience...

stylomilo

Reaction score
The options offered seem limited as compared to other high end Made to Measure programs. The choices seem to revolve around the choice & color of leather. Granted the shoes are well made but a tad conservative in terms of the finish

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stylomilo
Has any one tried Bally Scribe's Made to Measure service? Any thoughts on it?

Hi, first time poster long time lurker here. I've just received my pair of MtM Scribe shoes last week and am posting their pictures here.

I like their styling very much (though they're on the large side). I love the way they were painted. Also, compared to the RTW Scribe that I have, they seem MUCH lighter. Almost like walking around with cardboard shoes. Still, they feel very solid. I'm really happy with my purchase.

aon

Reaction score
Originally Posted by albert.herrera
Hi, first time poster long time lurker here. I've just received my pair of MtM Scribe shoes last week and am posting their pictures here.

I like their styling very much (though they're on the large side). I love the way they were painted. Also, compared to the RTW Scribe that I have, they seem MUCH lighter. Almost like walking around with cardboard shoes. Still, they feel very solid. I'm really happy with my purchase.

These are nice! I own a pair of RTW bally scribes, and they're really heavy. If you don't mind how much does MTO scribes cost?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads