• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ballin on a budget

monci

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum and in dire need of some help.
I've just gotten into "dressing up" to work and such.
I am looking for some advice on how to build up my work wardrobe without spending the big bucks because unfortunately, I am on a budget and don't make enough money to buy the quality brands most of you wear
worship.gif

I'm looking to buy pants,shirts,shoes, and a watch. Please keep in mind that I work in an office environment as an administrator and that I am only 19
bigstar[1].gif

P.S.
I just bought some Allen Edmonds cap toe oxfords for work!

E TF

Reaction score
Start by looking at the first couple of topics here in Styleforum 101.

Don't spend too much on clothing as at 19 your body is still going to change a fair amount over the next few years. The exception may be your shoe size so it is worth investing in good shoes.

calcoast

Reaction score
I would say hit up places like Nordstrom rack, Macys clearence etc. Wait for sales, and check out places like TJ Maxx or Burlington. You wont find the best quality there but items will be fairly cheap.

monci

Reaction score
Thanks!
I had checked out his sig earlier. He has some crazy good deals!

monci

Reaction score
Just got a Nordies credit card that I can use there and also at the rack so I see myself buying a fair amount of clothing from there.

Last edited:

Snedley

Reaction score
Just got a Nordies credit card that I can use there and also at the rack so I see myself buying a fair amount of clothing from there.
Credit card? Shop till you drop
lol8[1].gif

monci

Reaction score
Hahaha, I wish! If only I didn't have any bills. :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Learn the dark art of thrifting, young padawan.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite style of coat for winter? Choose up to 3

• Peacoat

• Great coat

• Trench

• Mac

• Chesterfield

• Duffle coat

• Topcoat

• Shearling

• Balmacaan

• Parka