Ballantyne made in Romania?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Shaft, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Shaft

Shaft Well-Known Member

Ballantyne is arguably my favorite cashmere brand because of the thickness and longevity, but I recently bought this sweater from Yoox.

http://www.yoox.com/us/39367256EQ/item?dept=#cod10=39367256EQ&sizeId=

It's beautiful and perfect fit, but when I looked at the tag it says made in Romania. Ballantyne in the past have been made in Scotland or Italy. Should I be concerned about the quality? Yoox has a short time span to return things, 20 days.

Any comments would be appreciated.

2. mactire

mactire Senior member

Ballantyne has been leveraged, and is now just another brandname like Pringle that has off-shored all production. For $285 that you paid on Yoox either buy vintage or pick up a Brooks Brothers 3ply made in Scotland for c. $198. Thats my tuppence worth anyway. Scottish made cashmere is also available from Westaway or Heather Wallace online.

3. Shaft

Shaft Well-Known Member

Ugghhh... thanks, I have multiple Brooks Brothers cashmere sweaters. I thought it was a dream to find the perfect style with a great name. I'll sleep on it and consider sending it back.

4. mactire

mactire Senior member

5. Shaft

Shaft Well-Known Member

LOL. Trust me, I search it regularly. The first one is on my watch list. Since you posted that link I better purchase soon. LOL