Balenciaga and bolgheri ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rsp1, Aug 30, 2004.

1. rsp1

rsp1 Senior member

2. ernest

ernest Senior member

3. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

That Bolgheri tie seems overpriced to me for ebay--you can buy them risk free / new from Zegna and Off Saks outlets for $70.

4. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

My dad has Balenciaga ties (bought at Harrods 1978-80) that have amazing colours and patterns and are very well made. The new ones do not look anything like the old ones in feel or patterns.

I was in Paris about two years ago and was walking in a district north of the Marais (if my memory is right). There were these stores that had HUGE amounts of Balenciaga and Ted Lapidus ties.

I also see these ties (at what I think are inflated prices) at airports esp asia, middleeast, where "Made in France" has a certain cachet.

-

5. ernest

ernest Senior member

I have never see any tie in Marais. This is the gay area... So they do not wear tie so much.

6. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

I had been walking what I thought was north of Marais. It was past that (famous?) restaurant called Omars, so I may have been out of the Marais. The area has large number of leather purse wholesalers mostly of chinese/vietnamese origin? Pardon my ignorance and I dont mean to offend anyone but this is the best that I recall.

Around this area there are a few tie wholesalers, they have TONS of ties in their shops. Also a shirt wholesaler, quality slightly above H&M but nothing that would interest most people here