Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Balenciaga and bolgheri ties

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rsp1, Aug 30, 2004.

1. rsp1

rsp1 Senior member

2. ernest

ernest Senior member

3. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

That Bolgheri tie seems overpriced to me for ebay--you can buy them risk free / new from Zegna and Off Saks outlets for $70.

4. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

My dad has Balenciaga ties (bought at Harrods 1978-80) that have amazing colours and patterns and are very well made. The new ones do not look anything like the old ones in feel or patterns.

I was in Paris about two years ago and was walking in a district north of the Marais (if my memory is right). There were these stores that had HUGE amounts of Balenciaga and Ted Lapidus ties.

I also see these ties (at what I think are inflated prices) at airports esp asia, middleeast, where "Made in France" has a certain cachet.

-

5. ernest

ernest Senior member

I have never see any tie in Marais. This is the gay area... So they do not wear tie so much.

6. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

I had been walking what I thought was north of Marais. It was past that (famous?) restaurant called Omars, so I may have been out of the Marais. The area has large number of leather purse wholesalers mostly of chinese/vietnamese origin? Pardon my ignorance and I dont mean to offend anyone but this is the best that I recall.

Around this area there are a few tie wholesalers, they have TONS of ties in their shops. Also a shirt wholesaler, quality slightly above H&M but nothing that would interest most people here