• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Balance Ball Chair

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks comfy, what's the deal with them? Worth a buy? They're pretty inexpensive.

gaiam-balance-ball-chair1.jpg

Now in five new designer colors, this revolution in office and home furniture continues to be a customer favorite. The balance ball chair combines exercise and fitness with comfort and ergonomic back support for an affordable price. With chiropractic pioneer Dr. Randy Weinzoff, Gaiam developed this patented BalanceBall Chair as an effective tool for strengthening core muscles and improving spinal alignment.

The exercise ball chair set includes a removable 52cm Balance Ball which is Equivalent to 20.5in. in diameter, an adjustable support bar, easy-glide casters, an air pump and a desktop guide to get you moving.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had something similar a few years ago.....it was ok but gets annoying if you're at your desk for more than a few minutes per day.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
I had something similar a few years ago.....it was ok but gets annoying if you're at your desk for more than a few minutes per day.

That doesn't sound okay. Annoying how? I don't quite understand how something can be advertised as comfortable and a workout. That does not compute.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife has one, has in her office for about two years and loves it. Helped her back (she is short-legged/long torso) and this helped back and neck issues with her.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I use a hawaii chair at work

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
That doesn't sound okay. Annoying how? I don't quite understand how something can be advertised as comfortable and a workout. That does not compute.
I ended up bouncing up and down on it while I was sitting down....it was a little cool..kind of like one of those 80s chairs where you would kneel-sit (dunno how to otherwsie describe it). But If I wanted to just relax, and sit back it was less comfortable. I'll see if I can find the model I had. for typing it was good because you position well on the desk. mine didn't have the same back support as the one in the pics though, it was a little more austere.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
I use a hawaii chair at work
Easily one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads