Bakersfield Tailor

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by senseigmg, Jun 29, 2011.

1. senseigmg

senseigmg Active Member

Any recommendations on a tailor in Bakersfield? I have a bunch of Mabitex pants that need to get fitted.

2. TheWraith

TheWraith Senior member

Not sure myself, but it's likely you may have to travel to somewhere like Fresno or even Los Angeles for someone good.

3. MadAboutPlaid

MadAboutPlaid Senior member

I have to smile because the best tailor I ever had was in Bakersfield. He was downtown ( the downtown bars then were Goose Looneys and the Alley Cat) - but I lived there in 92-93 and he was pretty old then. I am guessing that he is no longer with us (or at least retired.) I have been searching for a tailor as good as him since. Maybe someone took over his shop. If not, isn't the Patrick James store still on Ming? Stop in there and ask for a reco. Good luck. Go have lunch at Luigis!

4. Trompe le Monde

Trompe le Monde Senior member

I have to smile because the best tailor I ever had was in Bakersfield. He was downtown ( the downtown bars then were Goose Looneys and the Alley Cat) - but I lived there in 92-93 and he was pretty old then. I am guessing that he is no longer with us (or at least retired.) I have been searching for a tailor as good as him since. Maybe someone took over his shop. If not, isn't the Patrick James store still on Ming? Stop in there and ask for a reco. Good luck. Go have lunch at Luigis!

Goose Looney is still around, and still probably the most happening place in that little oil town... for better or worse [​IMG]