• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bags for men

sirgarnetwolseley

Reaction score
Tom, is your Clipper in the medium brown ? It looks amazing. I bought a duffel bag from Pickett and found out afterwards it was made by Tusting. I'm pretty satisfied with it. I think I need one of those clipper bags now. Having coordinating luggage'll nice. I hope I can cut the label off the front though, I hate maker's labels on my possessions, even if it is tasteful and subtle. Edited to add: I bought one just now on the interweb and I'm hella excited. I might not be able to fall asleep tonight.

Tom

Reaction score
My clipper bag color/leather is called "Sundance Floodlight".

sirgarnetwolseley

Reaction score
Tom, After posting my question I reread the thread and saw you had already stated the colour of your bag. Sorry. I fell asleep thinking of my new Clipper bag last night. Luggage purchases always excite me.

stache

Reaction score
Back to the original poster, I agree with Urbane. Black would be best with that outfit. I have found that if you get a dead simple backpack in black leather or nylon it can work in a lot of situations. I would say try to find the smallest pack available that does not look femenine.

DylanAmpa

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I hope it's ok that I joined this old discussion. I just wanted to throw in my own two cents!

If you're still looking for options on bags for men, I can recommend a Man-PACK. I use the XL model to carry my laptop and books. I used to use a messenger bag for years after using a backpack. This bag has been really comfortable and it has a masculine design so it's not dorky or feminine. I saw it on an episode of Shark Tank so I just had to get one!

Check it out: http://man-pack.com

Apparently they're working on a leather line and those looked interesting.

TradThrifter

Reaction score
I don't even bring a bag to work. Just put everything in my pockets. I avoid bags at all costs; It's just something else to worry about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads