1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Baggy Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sensible, May 18, 2005.

1. sensible

sensible New Member

I've been looking for a new pair of baggy jeans to replace an old pair of Girbaud jeans which are nearly dead. Any suggestions? I've had a look at Paper Denim Cloth, Helmut Langs, J. Lindeburg, Rogan, True Religion, DSquared, Diesel, and For All Mankind, but most aren't that baggy, and if they are it's because they're boot cut or flared, neither of which I'm a great fan of. I love articulated knees, but they aren't as common as they used to be. Any help appreciated.

2. ringring

ringring Senior member

articulated knees = GStar

Other brands that do looser fitting jeans are, MHI, Blue Blood, Rogan, PRPS, Armani Jeans, Bape...there's lots out there, especially the skate brands.... depends on your personal tastes/budget.

How about more Girbaud's? The recent collections have some very well executed funky washes.

3. ken

ken Senior member

G-star makes a really, really loose cut.

4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Ringring is right on the money, as usual. All his recommendations are on the money. The GStar low loose is probably one of the baggiest jeans non hip hop/skate brand jeans there are, as Ken said. Of the higher priced brands, you'd do well to look at Blueblood and PRPS, which is, after all, a division of Akademiks. If you like the hiphop look you might want to look at Academiks, Rocawear, and other jeans from hip hop companies, which are really baggy.

Other brands I could recommend is Milkcrate Athletics, which is pretty reasonably priced, and One True Saxon and Ozeki. The latter two, of course, are perceved considerably differently in the UK than they are here.

5. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

FYI, the GStar low loose jeans run large in the waist as well as being baggy. (Sorry if this point is redundant. Does being baggy=being large in the waist?)

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I think that your best bet for a jean like your old Girbauds is probably the A-crotch jean from GStar - articulated knees, normal waist with dropped crotch and baggy legs, with a slight taper. They are not (imo) as baggy as the low loose, but they are more similar to the Girbaud styles of a few years ago. A lot of hiphop brands also still do articulated knees.

7. sensible

sensible New Member

Thanks, All - very useful. Found a pair of G Star Elwoods in a nice dark rinse at the weekend (but not selvedge unfortunately), which I'd have picked up if the shop had my size. Does anyone know anything about the G Star/Mark Newson collab that Harrods (London) is going to stock? From what I understand, they are going to cost several hundred pounds...

8. ringring

ringring Senior member

It looks like jeans made for a 60s film about the year 2000 [​IMG] Here's the catalogue, http://www.g-star.com/php/mncatalogu...ogue.php?id=1. Lots of dark denim with white rubberised prints. They've also used the print as a way of finishing off the raw edges of fabric.