• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Baggy jeans vs. Skinny jeans

Powka

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Admiring the simple fashion style of, lets say Zac Efron, I like pretty much the same clothes, although my body type is closer to mesomorph so my legs are more muscular (not fat, but almost twice as big as Efron's). So since I cannot wear skinny jeans (I just look ridiculous in them), I'm going with baggy ones (not too much though), and I am wondering, what do you say, do baggy jeans go pretty much the same nice way as skinny jeans for all those tops/jackets and footwear in Efron's style? Or will it be "no taste" stuff because its skinny-jeans-only?

- just google "zac efron style" to see some pics at the top of the page

Cheers!

hermes man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Powka
Hi guys,

Admiring the simple fashion style of, lets say Zac Efron, I like pretty much the same clothes, although my body type is closer to mesomorph so my legs are more muscular (not fat, but almost twice as big as Efron's). So since I cannot wear skinny jeans (I just look ridiculous in them), I'm going with baggy ones (not too much though), and I am wondering, what do you say, do baggy jeans go pretty much the same nice way as skinny jeans for all those tops/jackets and footwear in Efron's style? Or will it be "no taste" stuff because its skinny-jeans-only?

Cheers!

baggy jeans if you re 300 pounds or lives in the ghetto

avoid skinny jeans if you are fat... and definitely go for skinny jeans if you have short leg( it helps to make you appear taller )

my advice lose weight and wear skinny jeans if u admire zac efron so much

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
slim, not skinny. Focus on getting a good fit, not just something oversized and baggy, it looks sloppy. If you're not used to clothes that fit, go slightly slimmer then you're used to.

Powka

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
baggy jeans if you re 300 pounds or lives in the ghetto avoid skinny jeans if you are fat... and definitely go for skinny jeans if you have short leg( it helps to make you appear taller ) my advice lose weight and wear skinny jeans if u admire zac efron so much
Im sorry man, but did you read what I wrote? I'm not fat, I'm fit and have MUSCULAR legs. They are big not because of fat, but because of muscle on them, so skinny jeans look funny on my. And by a little baggy jeans I meant something like that http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/c/a...mageId=3651341 dunno how to call them tho.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've played hockey my whole life, so I have huge thighs and a huge ass...I find the best fit for me is Earnest Sewn Fulton...they are a generously cut in the thigh straight leg. I've also had the leg from the lower thigh down, tapered. With a big ass like mine, low rise jeans kinda suck and they have a nice rise...

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Im sorry man, but did you read what I wrote? I'm not fat, I'm fit and have MUSCULAR legs. They are big not because of fat, but because of muscle on them, so skinny jeans look funny on my. And by a little baggy jeans I meant something like that http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/c/a...mageId=3651341 dunno how to call them tho.

Those look terrible, way too baggy in the lower half of the leg and way too long. You can either have length with slim jeans, to stack, or you can have extra width (boot-cut or whatever), but you can't have both.

Basically, don't wear skinny jeans or baggy jeans; wear jeans that are just slim and that fit properly.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers! And welcome to the forum!

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
there's a whole thread in the SW&D section that shows all the brands and their cuts.

Also check out honestforum, there's a pictorial archive of a bunch of brands and models/cuts

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah those jeans in that pic you linked to are way too big.

I have big upper legs (25") and I still wear slim jeans. It's just a cleaner look.

QuestForReason

Reaction score

ffffuuuu.gif

OttoSkadelig

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
i wear skinny jeans. the best kind are those that cut off your blood circulation when you bend the knees.

i wear ultra-low-rise nuthuggers that cause my nads to retract into my hip bone.

of course, this results in temperatures that are not fertility-friendly. but i suffer in silence. for the sake of fashion.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
im with you. i love low rise slim jeans. seriously. i let my balls out to hang out and breath once a few minutes an hour so at work , that's how i deal with it.

mm. the key is low rise jeans with a low back rise as well. when you develop your lower back to the point of hip/ lower back definition, that low rise looks really good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads