• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Bag for holiday trips

donCarlos

Reaction score
Hello, I´m about to spend a few weeks around some major cities in Italy this summer and I would really appreciate your advice on baggage.

Regular baggage for carrying clothes and stuff is not a problem, but I have no idea about what to get for trips around the cities. Since I´ll be away from the hotel all day, running around landmarks, it will have to carry a DSLR plus one small camera, at least one liter of water and maybe some smaller stuff. And it shall NOT be a small backpack, I hate those in heat, plus they look bad.

Any advice on what type of bag I want? Price is not important, I´m looking for a type.

twistoffat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by donCarlos
Hello, I´m about to spend a few weeks around some major cities in Italy this summer and I would really appreciate your advice on baggage.

Regular baggage for carrying clothes and stuff is not a problem, but I have no idea about what to get for trips around the cities. Since I´ll be away from the hotel all day, running around landmarks, it will have to carry a DSLR plus one small camera, at least one liter of water and maybe some smaller stuff. And it shall NOT be a small backpack, I hate those in heat, plus they look bad.

Any advice on what type of bag I want? Price is not important, I´m looking for a type.

Sounds like you need a messenger bag. There are loads out there but Canvas ones are always great for dragging stuff around with you as well as being flexible enough not to crush your camera

Seymour

Reaction score
You may want to consider messenger bags in waxed cotton or oil cloth. These tend to resist stains and water better. Or you could get a Billingham camera bag, which work well in an urban context.

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 84 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 160 32.9%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 79 16.2%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 41 8.4%