• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bad Nudies Wash? Help review my new purchase.

BioSore

Reaction score
Alright, so, I think that I may have made a bad purchase in this past week. I've been wanting a pair of nice denim for a while now, and I thought that I had found it. I found out pair of Bootcut Olas 29x32 50% off - but in a wash. The wash had a strange name - Raw Indigo - it actually confused someone in the Recent Purchases thread that I had it screwed up the wash name. I thouht that I might as well go for it, even though I couldn't find a picture of the wash anywhere. Bad decision, I'm thinking. I'm hoping not, though.

Below are pictures of me wearing the jeans. Please tell me what you think of the fit and wash (I can delay washing the jeans to get a slightly less-tight fit. They are by no means loose, so I wouldn't mind doing this.

nudies.29.wash044.JPG

nudies.29.wash.frontside886.JPG

nudies.29.wash.back044.JPG

BioSore

Reaction score
Actually, I'm starting to think that they're not as bad as I thought they were. I'm sure that they'll stretch enough to not look so skin-tight in the thighs. The only thing that I'm worried about is how the wash seems to come to an end right at the seems in a line that goes straight down. Theoretically, couldn't I wear these as if they were dry denim to attempt to get some sort of dampened effect on the outside of the distress in the wash? It's really the only problem I have with these jeans.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I actually like that wash, I think it looks fairly cool, I have some vintage Diesels that look like that, one of my favorite pair of jeans.

BioSore

Reaction score
Oh, really? Well then. I guess its just me. It's starting to grow on me, but it still strikes me as slightly off-looking when the distress ends immediately at the seam up/down. Other than that, it looked fine. I'm sure that eventually they'll look fine to me, its just that part that struck me off. It's one of my first pairs of slim jeans... The first being a pair of ES in the milk blu wash (returning.... bought on ebay, showed up with stain on crotch). But thats starting to grow on me, too.

Brian SD

Reaction score
It's starting to grow on me, but it still strikes me as slightly off-looking when the distress ends immediately at the seam up/down.

That's how the distressing looks on my 5EPs (self-worn, not factory washed) Different bodies create different results... It's not an unnatural thing, however. The fit looks very nice too. They don't look to slim at all to me. All in all a good purchase, especially at the discount you got.

beefcake

Reaction score
i think the wash is fine, but most of all they fit you really good. keep 'em!

Mr Sola

Reaction score
They're trying to get that Cowboy starched crease effect. I think they look cool. If you could get a snuff can crease in the back pocket, that would be even better.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr Sola
They're trying to get that Cowboy starched crease effect. I think they look cool. If you could get a snuff can crease in the back pocket, that would be even better.
Seems sort of stupid to me if you don't actually dip.

swooc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by beefcake
i think the wash is fine, but most of all they fit you really good. keep 'em!

I agree they look awesome on you!

BioSore

Reaction score
Alright, thanks guys. Definitely made me start growing on them, and I'm gonna give them a chance. I'm wearing them now, just to stretch them out a little before I start washing them. Is there really anynthing I can do to get them to keep their size (ie, must I wash every 2-3 wears or what?). What would be the best way to go about this? Should I starch them a little bit? Or is that only useful in increasing signs of distress in dry jeans?

rnrswitch

Reaction score
Nice jeans. For 50% off that is a hell of a steal. I like that cowboy crease. Now ya just need some Luchese cowboy boots.

You could wash them every 8-10 wears to keep the fit, but I think you could just spray them with water and dampen them a little whenever they feel a little loose on you. Then let them dry. I have done this with my RRDS and they actually shrink back to the original size.

BioSore

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnrswitch
Nice jeans. For 50% off that is a hell of a steal. I like that cowboy crease. Now ya just need some Luchese cowboy boots.

Yeah, it was a good deal, but I was planning on getting some dry denim RR's when I called to find out they were out of everything in 29's except for these. This pair was still totalled 130 though, which was more than I was planning on spending. Oh well, though, seemed to work out alright. This is my first pair of premium denim, excluding a pair of 1969's that I picked up for $40. I'm planning on getting some nice boots when I find any in a thrift store or on a really good sale (sub-100) so once that goes through, I'll be good.

Originally Posted by rnrswitch
You could wash them every 8-10 wears to keep the fit, but I think you could just spray them with water and dampen them a little whenever they feel a little loose on you. Then let them dry. I have done this with my RRDS and they actually shrink back to the original size.
I'll definitely keep the washing method in mind. I'll probably go for the spraying method first, though, becasue I want to see if I'm able to get any honeycombs on the back of the knees and increase the whiskering. I'm not sure that I'll be able to do this, but the guy from the store that I talked to seemed sure that some of the people that purchased his jeans were able to, so I might as well give it a shot.

jean_connoisseur23

Reaction score
they are a great one-wash jeans...they WERE raw before the first wash but nudie did the waiting and washing for you..nice buy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads