• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bad idea to room with a girl you're attracted to???

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been vetting roommate candidates for a three bedroom condo that I'm moving into while I article. One of my faves is a girl who's a few years older than me (30). We get along great, but I was a bit concerned when our first meeting today took on the aspect of a a blind date rather than a get-to-know. She was affectionately self-depracating and self-conscious all day, despite my best efforts to keep things professional...

I could see us getting pretty close over time, but I really don't think I want that.

Recipe for drama?

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^as opposed to you who rooms with aged homosexuals.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
^as opposed to you who rooms with aged homosexuals.
I'm getting my own place tomorrow, STFU!

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sherman90
I've been vetting roommate candidates for a three bedroom condo that I'm moving into while I article. One of my faves is a girl who's a few years older than me (30). We get along great, but I was a bit concerned when our first meeting today took on the aspect of a a blind date rather than a get-to-know. She was affectionately self-depracating and self-conscious all day, despite my best efforts to keep things professional...

I could see us getting pretty closer over time, but I really don't think I want that.

Recipe for drama?

Go for it. Life is short!!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sherman90

I could see us getting pretty closer over time, but I really don't think I want that.

Recipe for drama?

Okay, since kids in the US don't article, going to guess you might be in Canada. Isn't there something about living together for six months where she could come back on you?

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Okay, since kids in the US don't article, going to guess you might be in Canada. Isn't there something about living together for six months where she could come back on you?

What is articling?

closetmess

Reaction score
Articling is a 10 month "internship" with a law firm once you've completed law school, usually the firm you will end up associating with. Everyone thinks it's hell, but that's before they have to actually work and find out that's even worse.

Live with the girl. If she sucks, you can kick her out. If she doesn't suck where you want her to, you can kick her out.

Superfluous Man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
What is articling?

Most places around the world call it forced labor or slavery, but the US and Canada have found a more subtle way of putting it.

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm articling for the government so it shouldn't be all that bad. In fact, I'm rather looking forward to it.

As for the girl, I'm definitely leaning towards rooming with her. I was just hoping somebody might have some experiential wisdom to share...

closetmess

Reaction score
I currently live with 2 very attractive girls and so far so good. So very good.

But yes, drama will inevitably ensue.

Mountains

Reaction score
As long as you can avoid sleeping with her, you'll be fine.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And if things fall apart after a month, who stays and who leaves? Or what happens when she brings a guy home?

Paradoxically, the easiest way to get over a girl is to live with her. Once you see the bad habits, the bitchiness, the general insanity emerge, you can sit back and realize the bullet you dodged.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live with 2 VERY attractive girls my age and everything is fine. No drama or anything, but that's probably because I have a girlfriend who gets along with them great.

It can work out.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads