• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bad idea to room with a girl you're attracted to???

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somehow this reminded me of the CL ad where the dude wanted an attractive female roomie that walked around in her undies. That dude should prolly lay off the pron for a while.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Somehow this reminded me of the CL ad where the dude wanted an attractive female roomie that walked around in her undies. That dude should prolly lay off the pron for a while.

When I was looking for a apt share a while back I used to see gentlemen offering free rent for a "live in girlfriend"....

Humperdink

Reaction score
Keep it platonic or keep it ****-buddy status; hopefully you two can reach an understanding up front. Don't get emotionally attached or enter into a relationship while still living with each other - bad **** will ensue.

Think of your most disgusting habit, and then try to imagine hers - now imagine seeing her disgusting habit day in and day out early on in a relationship when your brain chemistry should be blinding you to her faults and hers to yours. Like to drink out of the carton, or get sloppy drunk on Jameson after a screwed up day at work? Hopefully she's comfortable with that, or you'll be fighting like an old married couple two months into your suddenly very awkward living arrangement. And if you become occasional ****-buddies, make sure that you'll be comfortable when another guy stays over and plows her, and that she won't flip out when some girl decides to be plowed by you in turn.

Overall, it sounds like there'll be drama if you're roomies with this girl, but remember that all of this will make for fun drinking stories (or Dumb Threaks fodder) later in life.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
some drama is acceptable as long as there is sechs involved.

Sherlockian

Reaction score
As the late great James Brown enquired of his fellow musicians:

"Can I hit it and quit it?"

If escape from the aftermath is easy, then why waste time even asking your e-friends for advice on what to do with your pen0r?

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As an articling student, you will likely not have much time to go out. In this case, having a girl at home makes sense. But will you freak out if she brings guys home?

If you think you will have time to go out and "play the field", then this is a terrible idea. Unless you refrain from hooking up with her. Which you won't.

wetnose

Reaction score
As with any decision....you have to ask yourself: "What's the downside?"

Worst case, you break up and she moves out.

Best case is that you find the love of your life.

Benzito

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
I live with 2 VERY attractive girls my age and everything is fine. No drama or anything, but that's probably because I have a girlfriend who gets along with them great.

It can work out.

So when's the four-way? Pics or GTFO . . .

SapphireBlue

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you'll have booty available a shout away. How old are you like 25? you probably have like what 10-15 or so more years to do fun things like this. I say go ahead.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you know you have a keeper when

Originally Posted by whiteslashasian
I live with 2 VERY attractive girls my age....I have a girlfriend who gets along with them great.

secure girls ftw

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
what happened to the days when every guy around the age of 25 or younger, when confronted with a dilemma, simply chose the option more likely to get him sechs?
puzzled.gif

Sherman90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HRoi
what happened to the days when every guy around the age of 25 or younger, when confronted with a dilemma, simply chose the option more likely to get him sechs?
puzzled.gif

The gheynez culture and foresight happened. Also, some men managed to cultivate a modicum of dignity. Another question gents: What percentage of his monthly income should a student straight out of grad school (with little debt, but a modest desire to save) be spending on his living quarters? Does one quarter (say $1000 out of $4000) sound like too much? This sum includes utilities and internet etc., but excludes food and a very small amount for gas.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads