• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bacon.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rxcats
I knew many people in Israel (Jews and Muslims) that thought the idea of eating pig was disgusting even though they did not practice religion at all. It isn't a difficult concept; how many people here would like to eat dog or monkey? To some degree, it is just a cultural bias regarding what is considered "edible".

yeah, I couldn't eat pork for a while, because I found it discusting. got over that, thought. I love pork.

by the way, what years were you are hebrew U, and what did you study? that's where both my wife and myself studied.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rxcats
Me too!!!

Don't confuse my interest or my slightly better than basic knowledge of religion as being a "believer". My signature line expresses my thoughts on the subject.

No worries, I caught your sig line. Hey, I thought you would have been impressed a *** even knew what a mashgichim is, let alone have one in their personal circle! I'm pretty good at nailing what's parve and what isn't too
smile.gif

fatherseanfan

Reaction score
On principle I will not travel to countries where bacon is outlawed.

rxcats

Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
yeah, I couldn't eat pork for a while, because I found it discusting. got over that, thought. I love pork.

by the way, what years were you are hebrew U, and what did you study? that's where both my wife and myself studied.

I lived in Israel from late 1980 until the summer of 1983. For the first 4 months or so, I lived in Netanya (Ulpan Akiva at the Green Beach Hotel). I studied at Hebrew University (Mt Scopus) from the summer ulpan in 1981 until the end of the academic year in 1983. My classes were mainly at the Rothberg International School during the first "mechina" year. The next year was pretty tough as my Hebrew sucked. If I had been better with foreign languages, I may never have returned to the States. I miss Israel terribly; I remember it as the best years of my life. I suppose a lot of people feel that way about their college years.

Charlie

Reaction score
Just to be clear: (i) the singular is a "mashgi'ach" (or supervisor), and (ii) the plural is "mashgichim" (or supervisors).

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I have said many times in jest in pages of several threads I now say in dead seriousness: I love bacon.

In fact, I just finished a dinner that had bacon in it.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about this thread when I sent my gf to go grocery shopping for tomorrow. On the menu: bacon and brussel sprouts, and roasted chicken.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Since we'll be snowed in tomorrow, I'm thinking of waking up and having a massive breakfast. Eggs, bacon, pancakes, maybe an omelette with some roast beef/cheese/peppers/etc.

Mmmmm.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conne, you could just have bacon, bacon, pancakes, and bacon.

JB

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
we got 10 inches+ of snow here. After I blew off my drive and my next door neighbor, I then drove to the airport to pick my neighbor up (his wife was afraid to drive in the weather and I have a 4x4).

Wifey made up a pot of coffee and had thick slab bacon w/ pancakes waiting for me. Tasted like manna from heaver.

Tomorrow, because of the weather, I plan to "work" from home. MOre bacon on tap w/ fried eggs. I also picked up several packets of bacon as I plan to make mushroom bisque soup (4 kinds of mushrooms, a good dose of sherry, and yes, bacon).

jcastelli

Reaction score
God, I love bacon. Trying to eat well, I just buy turkey bacon. It's only like 35 calories a slice, but to be honest, it's a poor substitute for pork bacon.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcastelli
God, I love bacon. Trying to eat well, I just buy turkey bacon. It's only like 35 calories a slice, but to be honest, it's a poor substitute for pork bacon.

That's worse than tofurkey.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads