• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bacon hotdogs

Kasper

Reaction score
Has anyone else even wondered why bacon burgers are popular but bacon hotdogs aren't? If you have ever had a bacon hotdog I think you'll agree that it's rather delicious, more so than the burger version. In either case ketchup surprisingly goes very well with bacon.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, I was at this party on the weekend... and my friend's girlfriend brought out a plate of bacon wrapped hot dogs - no buns, they were served on toothpicks. At that moment I wished I was Jewish/Muslim/veg. just to have a good excuse not to eat one. But I was morbidly curious, and had several... they were disgustingly tasty.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Next time you have a bacon hotdog, put a bunch of plain cream cheese on the bun. Don't be afraid of it. You will thank me.

Earthmover

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kasper
Has anyone else even wondered why bacon burgers are popular but bacon hotdogs aren't? If you have ever had a bacon hotdog I think you'll agree that it's rather delicious, more so than the burger version. In either case ketchup surprisingly goes very well with bacon.

Isn't this a pig in a blanket? I know that when I went to college, the local greasy spoons had it. It's sacrilicious.

My guess is that while hotdogs are very easy and quick to prepare, bacon takes a bit more time and therefore is less favored; for the burgermaking folk, it's less of a jump to also make bacon rather than just patties.

Kasper

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Earthmover
Isn't this a pig in a blanket? I know that when I went to college, the local greasy spoons had it. It's sacrilicious.

My guess is that while hotdogs are very easy and quick to prepare, bacon takes a bit more time and therefore is less favored; for the burgermaking folk, it's less of a jump to also make bacon rather than just patties.

I thought pigs in a blanket were something else like a cabbage roll.

While a normal hotdog is easy to prepare, I think a bacon hotdog is easier than a bacon burger as you can cook it in one step with the bacon wrapped around it and on the grill. With a bacon burger you can't get around cooking the bacon and patty seperate.

I will take you up on the cream cheese Slim next time I'm back home.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Pigs in a blanket is a small sausage wrapped in a dinner roll and baked. Like so:

250px-American_pigs_in_blankets.jpg

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Pigs in a blanket is a small sausage wrapped in a dinner roll and baked. Like so:

250px-American_pigs_in_blankets.jpg

I was about to say, "What lame ass person googles 'pigs in a blanket' for images and then has a Jennifer Con..." Nevermind. Carry on, buddy.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To me, Pigs in a Blanket is a sausage wrapped in a pancake. Yummy.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Next you'll be telling me hot dogs, bacon and sausage all come from the same magic animal.

Don't be ridiculous, Doc.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I was about to say, "What lame ass person googles 'pigs in a blanket' for images and then has a Jennifer Con..." Nevermind. Carry on, buddy.
Thin ice pal. I'll google up an image of "whodini in a blanket" next. See how you liked being baked alive inside a delicious pillsbury dinner roll or buttery croissant.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Thin ice pal. I'll google up an image of "whodini in a blanket" next. See how you liked being baked alive inside a delicious pillsbury dinner roll or buttery croissant.
Boy, that's awkward. "Whodini in a blanket" yielded this:
B0000004WE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
blanketdh4.jpg
And yes, I always think of IHOP when I hear "pigs in a blanket":
pancakes.jpg
Edit: P.S. Nice hat, Zorro.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
And yes, I always think of IHOP when I hear "pigs in a blanket":
pancakes.jpg

Thats like saying you always think of McDonalds when you hear the words "Apple Pie" Yes, they have something called "Apple Pie" but it is not technically apple pie any more than IHOP's blanketed swine is traditionally correct. That being said, its relatively delicious, and I frequently get it when I go to IHOP. I like how they spelled out (I assume it says) 1 2 3 in the syrup. Or 723 which only makes sense if that happens to be an IHOP in Botevgrad, Bulgaria. Or if thats your 723 plate of "pigs in a blanket".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads