1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bacon hotdogs

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Kasper, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

You should start a Golden Girls appreciation thread.

Your offer to pre-chew the bacon hotdogs for those randy seniors is as noble as it was creepy and disgusting.

2. whodini

whodini Senior member

Maybe I will, Blanche.

3. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

The Wikipedia page (which I just looked at for the first time) also has a link to "Toads In A Hole" which I've never heard of, but sounds good.

mmm toads.

I first found out about these in V for Vendetta when V was cooking one up, and I asked my gf "What the hell is that?" and she told me it was a Toad in a Hole.

4. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Senior member

Anybody else think that toad in a hole and bacon-wrapped hot dogs could also work as euphemisms?

5. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Senior member

Well, I don't eat bacon or hot dogs, but on a dare I would gladly writhe naked in an inflatable wading pool filled with them.

Wouldn't you pay to see that?

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

Anybody else think that toad in a hole and bacon-wrapped hot dogs could also work as euphemisms?
    What happened to that euphemism thread?

7. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I came to this thread expecting hot dogs made of bacon. I cannot express my disappointment. You have all failed me.

8. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Not as much as spotted dick. Wait, that wouldn't be a euphemism...[​IMG]

9. Kevin

Kevin Senior member

There's a local hots place that only sells "specialty hot dogs" (whatever that means). I was skeptical until I tried the Golden Retriever - a hot dog with two strips of bacon and melted cheddar cheese. Heaven in a bun. My palate has never been the same.

10. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Senior member

11. Kasper

Kasper Senior member

There's a local hots place that only sells "specialty hot dogs" (whatever that means). I was skeptical until I tried the Golden Retriever - a hot dog with two strips of bacon and melted cheddar cheese. Heaven in a bun. My palate has never been the same.

I cannot wait for the next time I have travel to Rochester for work. Many states have a distinct hotdog culture. I was surprised by one place I stopped at in Ct. that cooks the dogs two ways, fried then grilled.

12. Kevin

Kevin Senior member

It would be a pleasure to host another SFer in my fair city. Dogs are on me.

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Not as much as spotted dick. Wait, that wouldn't be a euphemism...[​IMG]
    A banger in the mouth? [​IMG]