1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Bacon hotdogs

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Kasper, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Well my excitement was tempered by your constant nose-picking, farting, and belching, but other than that, it was a perfectly lovely breakfast.

[​IMG]

2. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

The bacon-wrapped hot dog cart is a fixture around Los Angeles. The dude manning the cart (alway hispanic) will dress your dog with mayonaise, mustard, grilled onions and jalapenos. They rule. Seriously. I stumbled out of the Hollywood Bowl in October and was greeted by a row of the bacon hotdog carts and I had to eat two. A few years ago, I was eating one for lunch outside of Pep Boys in Hollywood. The guys enjoying one next to me looked like a homeless man with a long beard. I gradually realized it was Vincent Gallo.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

I hate it when I realize the homeless man ruining my meal is Vincent Gallo.

4. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Cook the bacon in a microwave. Less mess- 3 minutes for 3 thick slices...

Yes, my cholesterol is under 200.

5. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

In CT, they always referred to the bacon-wrapped hotdog as a pig in a blanket.

A blanket made of the flesh of its own kin. Ghastly.

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

Well my excitement was tempered by your constant nose-picking, farting, and belching, but other than that, it was a perfectly lovely breakfast.

[​IMG]

Was that really necessary? You don't see me making fun of your braces and small tits or comment on how that pink top made you look fat. In response to Baron, "death dogs" are all over LA. There must have been a good 10+ carts before/after every USC home game. I never tried them because ironically I was too sober to question their bacterial count or too drunk to wait in line.

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Was that really necessary? You don't see me making fun of your braces and small tits or comment on how that pink top made you look fat.
    Thats not a pink shirt, thats eczema. Just goes to show how sober you were... By the way, this conversation is hilarious and I think we are wasting it in this thread. Muslims won't ever read it. [​IMG]

8. ratboycom

ratboycom Senior member

my god this thread is comedy Genius.

Also I think that the Pilsbury rolls wrapping a hot dog must be a northwest name for pigs in a blanket because growing up thats what we always called them, so im on the TS boat on this one

9. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

The Wikipedia page (which I just looked at for the first time) also has a link to "Toads In A Hole" which I've never heard of, but sounds good.

mmm toads.

I find toads have a more firm and delicate taste than frogs. This is true.

10. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

I was too sober to question their bacterial count or too drunk to wait in line.

Maybe that's my problem. I've never gotten food poisoning so I just keep pushing my luck and eating street food wherever I find it all over the world. By the same token I've never gotten AIDS or herpes...

11. whodini

whodini Senior member

Thats not a pink shirt, thats eczema. Just goes to show how sober you were... By the way, this conversation is hilarious and I think we are wasting it in this thread. Muslims won't ever read it. [​IMG]
    I never get tired of the banter, even if you are a pre-pubescent girl. Happy 3k, bro.

12. whodini

whodini Senior member

Maybe that's my problem. I've never gotten food poisoning so I just keep pushing my luck and eating street food wherever I find it all over the world. By the same token I've never gotten AIDS or herpes...
    Yeah... I've had friends get deathly ill after eating one and others who swear by them. Guess it's hit or miss but sweet Christ do they smell amazing.

13. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Senior member

The bacon-wrapped hot dog cart is a fixture around Los Angeles. The dude manning the cart (alway hispanic) will dress your dog with mayonaise, mustard, grilled onions and jalapenos. They rule. Seriously. I stumbled out of the Hollywood Bowl in October and was greeted by a row of the bacon hotdog carts and I had to eat two. A few years ago, I was eating one for lunch outside of Pep Boys in Hollywood. The guys enjoying one next to me looked like a homeless man with a long beard. I gradually realized it was Vincent Gallo.

Well wtfc about Vincent Gallo if he doesn't have Chloe Sevigny in tow?

14. whodini

whodini Senior member

I was going to mention Brown Bunny, too, but then we're talking about hot dogs as it is...

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Happy 3k, bro.
    Thanks, I have one post for each time you've argued publicly about who's the bigger slut, Princess Leia or Lt. Uhura. [​IMG]

16. whodini

whodini Senior member

17. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

18. whodini

whodini Senior member

Way to take the classier, higher road. You're my idol. Well, you would be if you didn't have all those priors for doing lewd acts in IHOP bathrooms throughout the greater Pacific NW.

But how else are you supposed to pay for your mom's dialysis?

19. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Way to take the classier, higher road. You're my idol. Well, you would be if you didn't have all those priors for doing lewd acts in IHOP bathrooms throughout the greater Pacific NW.

But how else are you supposed to pay for your mom's dialysis?

My mom wouldn't need dialysis if you would stop feeding her liquor with her roofies. Oh, and she figured out it was you because you wrote your number in sharpie on the wall of her bathroom at the retirement home.

20. whodini

whodini Senior member

Hey, it just so happens to be bacon hotdog Friday's at the Seaview Village Retirement Community. Like I could resist them or your mom, both of which are finger-licking good.

Yes, ladies and gents, we have come full circle.