• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B&S Buyer wants to return something... Aren't NO returns an unwritten rule of B&S?

Bonggoy

Reaction score
I'd give you the benefit of the doubt if it wasn't so convenient that you found this issue with the shoe AFTER he denied your return. There is a problem with not checking both shoes upon receiving them. Even if you were at a department store or a boutique, would you not check to make sure that the article of clothing you picked out is without flaws?

I don't normally check them. My wife will usually inspect them. If there's a defect, I can always return them.

I understand everyone's apprehension. My story is too convenient after all that transpired.

I have offered to send it to the seller at my cost so he can inspect it himself. I stated the options in my previous post. I think it's fair. In fact, if it's found to be defective, I think it's more than fair for the seller. I still eat the shipping cost of shipping it to him. He can always ask his distributor for a replacement because its defective and won't cost him anything.

Last edited:

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't normally check them. My wife will usually inspect them. If there's a defect, I can always return them.

I understand everyone's apprehension. My story is too convenient after all that transpired.

I have offered to send it to the seller at my cost so he can inspect it himself. I stated the options in my previous post. I think it's fair. In fact, if it's found to be defective, I think it's more than fair for the seller. I still eat the shipping cost of shipping it to him. He can always ask his distributor for a replacement because its defective and won't cost him anything.
How did you find out that he's a distributor?

Bonggoy

Reaction score
How did you find out that he's a distributor

That's not what I said. I said he can take it back to his distributor. I didn't say he is a distributor. He mentioned that he didn't get it directly from AE so I assume he gets it somewhere. Distributor is just a word I used. Supplier maybe?

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
if he's bitching about hte color...no way would i let him return them. I suppose allowing him to return for a restocking fee would probably be your best move in the long run. But personally, i doubt i would. sounds like buyers remorse to me. And for that you are not responsible.

THIS is true.

Bonggoy

Reaction score
I am not trying to dupe allaboutshoes. If I wanted to, I could have just gone ahead and return it to him, go to my CC and will surely get a positive response. I didn't do that. I wanted to resolve this amicably with him and in private. I like the shoes. His prices are great. I plan to do business with him in the future. Hence my desire to get this resolve with minimal cost to both of us. All through this, I have been respectful to everyone, most especially to the seller. I kept my cool inspite of all the name calling and the accusation of fraud.

What I was being accused of is not fair. I understand it since I am new here and nobody knows me (there maybe a few who may actually know me since I saw a cigar thread but that is immaterial). It is not in my nature to take advantage of other people. Not for any amount.

I apologized already for not knowing how things work here. I've learned my lesson. I am now offering a solution that is in line to what he was offering.

Last edited:

khoveraki

Reaction score
I'm very new to this forum as well, and I inferred that B&S was private, final sales only without having bought anything from there.

Actually this thread is the first I've heard about allaboutshoes, and I plan on checking out his prices and probably placing an order or two later on.

BlueHorseShoe

Reaction score
This thread is a trainwreck, but not in the good way that I was hoping.

Why can't more of you be cynical when it comes to online interactions, including and especially transactions?

Just assume you are going to be screwed, weigh that against the feedback available and take a calculated risk.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Last edited:

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) OP asks if refunds are normal from B&S because buyer bought the wrong size/color. Everyone agrees they're not.

2) Buyer thinks seller is Zappos. Discovers he isn't and contacts AE who will replace it for his correct size.

3) Buyer forgets that seller isn't Zappos and continues to act like a developmentally challenged individual.

WELCOME TO STYLE FORUM

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

I am not trying to dupe allaboutshoes.  If I wanted to, I could have just gone ahead and return it to him, go to my CC and will surely get a positive response. I didn't do that. I wanted to resolve this amicably with him and in private. I like the shoes. His prices are great. I plan to do business with him in the future. Hence my desire to get this resolve with minimal cost to both of us. All through this, I have been respectful to everyone, most especially to the seller. I kept my cool inspite of all the name calling and the accusation of fraud.

What I was being accused of is not fair. I understand it since I am new here and nobody knows me (there maybe a few who may actually know me since I saw a cigar thread but that is immaterial). It is not in my nature to take advantage of other people. Not for any amount.

I apologized already for not knowing how things work here. I've learned my lesson. I am now offering a solution that is in line to what he was offering.
I was trying hard to sympathize with your perspective but way to make it obvious that you're really just having a huge case of buyer's remorse because you did not adequately research before making a purchase over the internet. People like you are the bane of the B&S system.

Last edited:

Bonggoy

Reaction score
I was trying hard to sympathize with your perspective but way to make it obvious that you're really just having a huge case of buyer's remorse because you did not adequately research before making a purchase over the internet. People like you are the bane of the B&S system.

I specifically said I didn't go to my CC company because I wanted to settle it amicably with the seller. Was I wrong about stating my intention? Yes, I made a mistake on the size. I didn't like the color. I also said, I can live with the color but not the size. He offered to take it for 15% stocking fee. I asked for a middle ground. I got home and found out the defect on the shoe. I still offered to return it to him so he can inspect it himself. If it's a defect, I will accept a replacement. I still ate the shipping to the seller. If it's not the defect, I pay the 15% restocking fee he requested. What else am I suppose to do?

Repeat, I did not want nor even cross my mind to dispute this with my CC. I only mentioned it after a couple of post from other members here. I don't want to do it. I want to settle it with most economical sense for both of us. What else should I do?

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
And that's your own damn fault for getting your size wrong.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

And that's your own damn fault for getting your size wrong.

How did you get timed out in the past 4 minutes? Damn.

Musicguy, thanks for the perfect recap. Im ready to get in here now. lol

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I'm not timed out. It's a remnant of the old system. Fok hasn't removed the title though lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads