B.Nelson does a great job

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Quadcammer, Apr 27, 2011.

1. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

2. float

float Senior member

Jackie from what I skimmed of your post your fuck head friend is nothing like me. I bought these years ago prior to any consideration to resole them and worn them casually to rarely since. I also didn't cheap out buying them over something more expensive because there's no such thing as a brand new pre-made option for what I have in mind. I've yet to see an Alden custom or otherwise put on a black wingtip or longwing what I want done. Jackie tell me you're not gonna nail me on a cross for thinking outside the box on this one??? There's no sea foam fucking green Aldens in my closet. Fuck outta here....

3. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

QFP

Last edited: Jul 20, 2012

4. float

float Senior member

PhiPsi I made a clever little jab at the red rubber sole on dress shoe wearers a few posts back...all in good fun of course I just don't care for brick soles outside of the realm of bucks. I've already got vibram soled Russells and the only pair of Red Wings I like in my closet. This pair was my grown-up project.

5. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

you're great entertainer with a phone phobia. carry on...

6. float

float Senior member

Am I gonna get rocked now because I hem all my pants a couple inches above the ankle? I can only wish this shit would catch on.....it's a crying ass shame to step into that Alden thread and see all these beautiful ass pairs of leather halfway covered in baggy ass boot cuffed jeans.

7. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Your legs look scrawny. Have you spend significant time in a concentration camp recently, by any chance?

Shoes are not objects d'arte. The pants do not exist to show them off, they exist to create an attractive line down your leg. I don't find the exposed ankles look attractive, but I'm not gonna rip you for it. You're already being justly ripped for being a stubborn moron in regards to a topic you don't even know enough about to understand just how stupid you sound.

8. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Senior member

Ah, didn't go back quite that far. Just an example to show that there are others thinking about changing up the "black shoe" and that other vendors can accommodate you. I won't dwell on the topic. I do wish you luck. Perhaps I'll get a chance to see photos of your refinished shoes sometime in the future.

9. Jackie Treehorn

Jackie Treehorn Senior member

+1

I am really starting to enjoy the shtick. I hope people keep feeding.

10. float

float Senior member

I whored this thread. Mission fuckin complete. I'm a distance runner and keep a 6.5 to 7 minute per mile average throughout. I know how to dress and I know that red rubber soles on pointy ass shoes made in Leeds look fuckin retarded. If anyone reading this post is actually tall and thin, first off congratulations. Hem your trousers. I'll be in touch Nick.

edit Thanks PhiPsi no hard feelings. I'm gonna keep bothering Nick probably. I'm persistent and don't have a job.

11. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

"Gentleman" is a term conferred upon by others, not self-proclaimed. And you, dude, are no gentleman.

"I'm a god damn fucking gentleman" -- the most oxymoronic statement of the year.

I have never dealt with Nick because I do not live in NYC, but from what I've read on this thread, he is behaving admirably by putting up with someone like you.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012

12. float

float Senior member

Damn I made it look too easy......*breaks the fourth wall and winks at the thread*

G'night Jensen...there's a bunch o fuckin other expletives to bold out in my other couple dozen posts if you want to start at the page I entered. Talk to you tomorrow I gotta go hem my pajamas to a 26" inseam before I put them on to go to bed. Cya prick

13. float

float Senior member

This was all a viral marketing ploy to boost Nick V's ratings. He's actually resoling my wingtips for free as compensation. Thank you to our advertisers, Sbarro, and Styleforum. For a slice of real authentic Brooklyn pizza ready in a "New York minute", try Sbarro. Next to the Statue of Liberty.

14. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

15. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

well played, sir. it was a good practice to hone the own skills and knowledge before it is forgotten. the output from the various contributors was also good - a little private lesson from time to time doesn't hurt, imo.

tbh, the fact that you did post two completely different sole constructions made me suspicious.

anyway, thanks for the entertainment. cheers.