• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

B-movies: secret indulgences and cinematical equivalents of disco balls....

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right!

Starting with this one for me: maybe not exactly a B-movie but hilariously strange (and rather vulgar - in a good way!)
\t
Kondom des Grauens
I mean, come on! How can you go wrong witha deranged condom - with teeth!
Oh and the condom-vision is more unsettling than the snake-o-vision!
154518io4.jpg

Plus, an interesting tidbit: this is a German film about a murderous rubber that pays hommage to the most famous style of French-named German film genre made in Hollywood, the film noir
biggrin.gif

(Crap! Must..lower...brow...more
biggrin.gif
)

And, one of my favourite Troma films (at least that I can think of)
630505887301ss500sclzzzzzzzv1122573539jr1.jpg

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
An American Werewolf in London
Big Trouble In Little China
Brick
Brother
Darkman
Death Race 2000
Dead-Alive
Donnie Darko
Frailty
Logan's Run
Night Of The Creeps
Pirahna
Ravenous
Reanimator
Repo Man
Slither
They Live!
Tremors
Zardoz

Best Troma movies are (in order) Class of Nuke Em High, The Toxic Avenger, and Troma's War. Special shout out to Sgt. Kabukiman NYPD.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a B-movie really but I love the premise: Full Metal gokudô
b0001di4jk01lzzzzzzzmj9.jpg
Reanimator is a great one. Have wanted to see Sgt. Kabukiman, I keep forgetting to look for it!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Not a B-movie really but I love the premise:

Full Metal gokudô
b0001di4jk01lzzzzzzzmj9.jpg

Takashi Miike is one of my favorite directors.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Big Trouble in Little China doesn't belong on this list...It's a badass movie, no one should be ashamed to admit that. John Carpenter movies that aren't just another remake of Assault on Precinct 13 with an alien or monster = good.

Mine are:

Frankenhooker
Redneck Zombies (classic)
Toxic Avenger ("I've always wanted to cornhole me a blind *****!")
The Untold Story
Ebola Syndrome (Anthony Wong kicks ass)
Pink Flamingos

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
An American Werewolf in London
Big Trouble In Little China

Big Trouble's a classic. Kung fu, magic, Kurt Russell (who is himself quite magical) and a young Kim Cattrall, what more could anyone want?

American Werewolf I was on the fence with, until the scene of nonsensical mayhem right at the end, which abruptly cuts into Blue Moon by The Marcels. I laughed so, so very hard.

Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Darkman
I will add to this list Darkman II: The Return of Durant and Darkman III: Die, Darkman, Die. Although they weren't so much "good" as they were "not good".

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I LOOVE Miike, but Full Metal Yakuza kinda sucked

my pic for fave B Movies

Suburbia (Penelope Spheeris)
Johnny Suede
CryBaby

2000dB

Reaction score
Good movies so far. I remember seeing Killer Condom on TV a few years ago, I didn't expect that. Full Metal Yakuza wasn't as captivating as other Miike movies for me. The last B movie I saw was Die You Zombie Bastards at the Fantasia festival, it was awesome!

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
Big Trouble in Little China doesn't belong on this list...It's a badass movie, no one should be ashamed to admit that. John Carpenter movies that aren't just another remake of Assault on Precinct 13 with an alien or monster = good.

I guess it all depends on what you consider a "b" movie. Big Trouble In Little China was widely panned on release, and dropped from most theaters in less than two weeks. So basically, any success its had is because of home video and word of mouth.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nick M
American Werewolf I was on the fence with, until the scene of nonsensical mayhem right at the end, which abruptly cuts into Blue Moon by The Marcels. I laughed so, so very hard.

One of my favorite movies... The steadily decomposing dead figment of David's imagination that keeps appearing to crack jokes and beg him to kill himself...
classic.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Black Sexploitation movies, often starring Jim Brown and Fred Williamson, are abominations that I can't stop watching. The Big Bad Mamma movies, too, with Shelley Winters, and Angie Dickinson, are atrocious but fun. And of course, ALL of the Joan Crawford films from her 'deranged', virago period. BERSERK, STRAIGHT JACKET, BABY JANE, I SAW WHAT YOU DID, TROG . . . to an extent, some of JC'S 'good' movies, fall into this camp, as well? Queen Bee, and Harriet Craig, among them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics