• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Axe Shampoo

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never post in these parts, so pardon my ignorance if this is a dumb thread. Has anyone tried the new line of Axe shampoos? I hate their advertising and their douchebag scents, but their "depoof" shampoo seems promising if it works as advertised. I have really thick, poofy hair (think Rob Blagojevich) and I am always on the hunt for effective "depoofing" agents. Most shampoo seems marketed toward women and obsessed with producing volume--this is one of the first I have seen that actively touts its depoofing. It's only 4.99 at Target, so I will pick some up this afternoon and report back if anyone is interested. http://www.target.com/Axe-Depoof-Sha.../dp/B001K4DKDO

Haqq

Reaction score
I use Pantene Pro-V... seems to be doing the job fairly well.

singhstyle

Reaction score
Yeah, let me know how it is. They also have a hair gel you know.

TowleY

Reaction score
I know their body gel is very good. Smells are good not too strong also. I like the deodorant as well.

BPerm

Reaction score
I have yet to try their shampoo but I do use their deodorant.

Does the job quite nicely.

Threak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Poof is a problem. A quick review would be great.

blackdarkeye

Reaction score
i once got there body wash, it had a good smell and it wasnt to strong at all, you could only smell it if you put your nose right next to your arm or some other place

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i'm bald you insensitive prick!

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^yeah. even though i'm a prissy ***** about clothes and stuff, i've never been too particular about skin care stuff. always had good skin, zit free. i just use dove.

ArliHawk`

Reaction score
Deodorant is solid, I would go Crew or Aveda for shampoo.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate the Aveda for Men shampoo (plus the same conditioner) - left my hair never really feeling clean and it got oily again faster than usual.

I'm using Herbal Essences Hydralicious targeting shampoo and conditioner now - smells a little girly to start with, but it works better than anything I've tried on my long hair (which curls a bit at the and can be poofy).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads