• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Axe Shampoo

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Garnier Fructis is another good cheap option.

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So i purchased some from the local Target a few days ago. It costs 4.99. Odor is inoffensive--not herbaly or fruity...slightly medicinal somehow...I really can't place it...doesn't smell like any other shampoo I have tried. Color and texture is unique--it is bright, road-cone orange with a shimmery silky feel.

I have only used it a few times, but so far it seems to be doing a fair job at controlling "poof." It certainly isn't volumizing. Strips dirt and grease quite well and leaves hair with a dull matte feel--doesn't seem to leave any sort of sheen (Panteene always left my hair oddly shiny, which I wasn't a fan of).

likeitaloud

Reaction score
How did it work for you? Also anyone know where I can get it in Canada? Sounds like exactly what I need.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
axe shampoo gave me dandruff...the deoderant did nothing...i dont get along with axe

mulansauce

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by phreak
axe shampoo gave me dandruff...the deoderant did nothing...i dont get along with axe

Shampoo can't "give" you dandruff. You can use shampoos to help treat dandruff, but soap on your head doesn't "cause" your dandruff.

HEWSINATOR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mulansauce
Shampoo can't "give" you dandruff. You can use shampoos to help treat dandruff, but soap on your head doesn't "cause" your dandruff.

Now, I am not well versed in the causes of dandruff, but this does not seem to far fetched to me. Is it not possible that the shampoo caused drying that resulted in dandruff?

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i dont know exactly what the cause was i guess...

i have never had dandruff ever, i use axe for 2 days, i have white flakes at end of day 2. i revert back to old shampoo (cheap coconut scented,) i no longer have white flakes everywhere

i guess i just assumed it was the axe

singhstyle

Reaction score
I just got a bottle of both shampoo and conditioner. Let's see how this goes.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The best shampoo and conditioner I've used is Baxter's of California. It's the only shampoo and conditioner that I've actually noticed make my hair feel nicer than the other clones on the market.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It sounds more likely that the shampoo left residue that wasn't noticed until after the hair dried out. Some shampoos require more rinsing than most people probably are inclined to do.

A very slight possibility - that it was an allergic reaction to the shampoo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandruff

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are all a bunch of Homos. Just use the fuckin $2.00 Suave and be a man. ****, if there was anything cheaper than that Id use it.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is dubious language, but yes, inexpensive shampoos such as Suave might be perfectly adequate.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Axe shampoo because it is subtle enough where the girl can only smell it if you actually date **** them, never before.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads