• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Axe bodyspray

NavyStyles

Reaction score
I got a sample of this from a gym last year, and I'll use it every now and then after a workout to feel refreshed or after a night out to cover up the smoke smell (that I despise) from bars. Â I like the "Kilo" scent, but I haven't tried any of the others, so I can't pass judgement on anything else. Â Though I have found that the commercials aren't that far from the truth. Â For those unfamiliar with the ads, Axe basically leads you to believe that wearing their product will reduce all females (including Â
wink.gif
"stranger girls") to panting, heaving jungle beasts. Â And, in giving a classmate of mine a ride home from a bar, I witnessed her nearly fall weak at the knees. Â I was just wondering if anyone else had used any of the scents. Â And, if so, have you seen any real-life accounts of the commercials?

stylingazn

Reaction score
LOL the commercials are stupid. You'll never see something like that...unless they're drunk girls. I personally enjoy Voodoo and Pheonix. They're good if you can't afford the expensive colognes
smile.gif

High_Roller

Reaction score
I've never tried them. I have a thing about scents. I don't really want to spend $6 on one. That, and everyone and their father here owns that stuff. They like to spray it all over the school. It's all too familiar around here.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Axe really work? I have somewhat of a paranoia that my deodorant doesn't work as well as I think it does (probably stems from something I read about not being able to detect your own sweat smell). Anyway, it seems like many deodorants don't work too well; the gel ones especially seem to die off after a few hours.

I stick to Old Spice Red Zone or High Endurance, they seem to do the job well.

High_Roller

Reaction score
Axe is a body spray. It's more for scent than blocking odour. If you think you're deoderant might not be working, I suggest you get to the store and pick up Ralpl lauren's Polo anti perspirant. It's some strong stuff that works really well.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Axe is a body spray. It's more for scent than blocking odour. If you think you're deoderant might not be working, I suggest you get to the store and pick up Ralpl lauren's Polo anti perspirant. It's some strong stuff that works really well.
For some reason I'm leary of 'designer fragrance' deodorants not working well. Is this often the case, in your opinion?

High_Roller

Reaction score
Well, I had Nautica's Longitude/Latitude deoderant and it wasn't working the greatest. My father suggested I try the Polo antiperspirant, and it's fantastic. These are the only designer deoderants I've used. I think it just depends on the company and how much attention they give their fragrance/skincare lines. For some of them, it's just an afterthought. And I've never had luck with the drug store deoderant brands.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Versace,

Stick with Old Spice High Endurance. It really is the best: covers up odors well and doesn't leave any stains (such as those deodorants with aluminum...this happened to me with Red Zone).

Like High_Roller said, Axe is a bodyspray meant to add some lagniappe (a little something extra), not to cover up B.O.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads