• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

awful singers

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so as not to hijack the 'awful songs' thread, here are some awful singers. please add to the list.

axel rose from 'guns n roses'
the guy from 'ac/dc'
geddy lee from 'rush'
the guy from 'she wants revenge'

i cannot imagine how someone with a voice like theirs would think they could be a singer.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Fred Durst, the "singer" in Linkin Park, Fergie of Black Eyed Peas, that dude who sang "Your Body is a Wonderland"....

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the "Yer Beudiful" guy

Reaction score
tom rapp, singer of pearls before swine it is very very difficult to get past his lisp, and it grates my nerves when he does more dylan-esque songs, but the songs are amazing!!! too bad about his voice and lisp, though... wesley willis-----not very tuneful... but that is part of the appeal, i guess. dylan----especially live now. i love dylan, and i love his shredded voice, it suits him, and i think he's finally got the voice he always wished he had, but at times during his tour this summer (it was this summer, yeah?) his voice bottomed out and there was no tone at all, just a low rattling. AWESOME! but awful to most ears... the singer from placebo has a terrible whiney voice, IMO. i like it, kinda. connor obherst has a lousy voice. oh, and i forgot wayne coyne and the singer from mercury rev. adenoidal voices. but they use it to their advantage.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
geddy lee from 'rush'
what about the voice of geddy lee... how did it get so high? i wonder if he speaks like an ordinary guy (i know him and he does) and you're my fact-checking cuz steve malkmus doesn't really have a singing voice... but he works around it. oh and
lol8[1].gif
at whodini

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta
so as not to hijack the 'awful songs' thread, here are some awful singers. please add to the list.

axel rose from 'guns n roses'
the guy from 'ac/dc'
geddy lee from 'rush'
the guy from 'she wants revenge'

i cannot imagine how someone with a voice like theirs would think they could be a singer.

Which guy from AC/DC? Bon Scott or Brian Johnson?

dan87

Reaction score
These guys dont have what many people would call a "good voice", but I still love them!

Bob Dylan
Tom Waits

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The guy from CYHSY!

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Conor Oberst/Bright Eyes, hands down.

I also find Regina Spektor's voice to be grating, though I like Joanna Newsom, and they share a similar style.

Young Jeezy is another one.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My number two vote goes to : I am very very sorry: David Bowie, who I still love for his music.

My number one, Numero ******* Uno, el primo crappachino is......drumm rolll Franc Sinatra.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
My number two vote goes to : I am very very sorry: David Bowie, who I still love for his music.

My number one, Numero ******* Uno, el primo crappachino is......drumm rolll Franc Sinatra.

I'm suprised on your thoughts re Sinatra. He was considered quite an innovator in his time. He modeled his vocal techniques after Tommy Dorsey and his clarinet playing. Sinatra used to swim underwater for lengths at a time to build up his lung capacity to allow him to hold those long sustained phrases. He was acclaimed for using his voice like an instrument.

Some of his later stuff really sucks, but his '50s Capitol albums with Nelson Riddle are just amazing IMHO.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First person to say Neil Young, is in for a beatdown of near epic proportions.
boxing[1].gif

Dylan's voice has gotten too ragged for my liking now as well. Tom Petty's is still in decent form IMO. Might as well add Roger McGuinn of the Byrds to your list Get Smart - his voice is even more nasally than Petty's.

I'm going to say Springsteen... I really dig some of his earlier work, but sometimes it sounds like he's constipated. The terrible sound quality of his records only further helps with my theory that he records on the john.

Axl Rose probably is the worst though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads