• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

AW11 Trends

DanielJakes

Reaction score
Hi I'm Dan and i'm a Menswear designer in London - Designing Tailoring and outerwear for the highstreet for Brands such as Topman, Primark.

Although we have access to Trend Prediction Sites i.e WGSN et al, I am keen to discuss the ideas of the people who design it/wear it.

I'll kick it off with one idea; I see the AW10 Trend of Military styles (mainly in outerwear) fading drastically (more so than AW09-10), with only Burberry Prorsum (mainly) continuing the look. I can see this trend leaning towards a more Russian look.

Any ideas?

HHD

Reaction score
You mean Russian as in Cossacks and Romanovs or Russian as in nylon tracksuits and designer gold jewelry?

I read an interview with Patrick Grant recently in which he declared he was studying issues of Italian Vogue from the 1970s as inspiration for E Tautz AW 2011. This could be interesting, Italians dress horribly now but a few decades ago looked great.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.