1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

AVOID buying Allen Edmonds seconds shoes or AE shoes from Nordstrom’s Rack.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by coolarrow, Mar 4, 2013.

1. wing8tesqw

wing8tesqw Well-Known Member

The damage looks more like OP jammed the shoes on without unlacing them or using a horn. just admit it and move on... [​IMG]

I kinda side with OP to the extent they were not clearly marked seconds, but those shoes look worn to death.

2. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I bought a pair of shoes from the shoebank that had a stitch start coming completely undone. It was about a year or so after I bought them -- maybe longer. I asked for a shipping thing to get it fixed and how much it would be. I was told that shouldn't have happened even on seconds, and they fixed it for free.

3. pizzapie

pizzapie Well-Known Member

Wow. I didn't think my first post would be on such an old post, but damn, some of you are so ridiculously arrogant and ignorant. First, the OP stated numerous times he didn't know they were seconds. Second, no respectable company should sell operationally defective shoes, even at a discount. Bunch of grown men acting like someone slapped their mother when saying something bad about a shoe company.

4. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

Thank goodness you came along to wag your finger at a 2 year old post. Thank you for this public service.

5. pizzapie

You are welcome. Fairly pathetic it wasn't said earlier.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  6. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Senior member

The Promontory Points I bought this summer at a Rack store for $150 are great. No complaints here.

7. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Welcome and enjoy your stay. People aren't as bad as some might post. There is tons of great info and if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't know what the heck Allen Edmonds is. True story

8. pizzapie

Thank you. I am thinking about buying AE seconds and came across this thread. It seems most people have had good experiences with seconds. When purchasing from the various Shoebank stores, will they provide any detail into why the shoes were marked as seconds? I don't mind slight aesthetic issues, however I won't be spending $200 for a shoe that doesn't functional properly.

9. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Senior member

The only thing I find pathetic is people who have an undeserved sense of moral superiority. And an untimely one at that.

10. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

No idea why this thread would pop up but anyways. This is the thread you need sir

http://www.styleforum.net/t/141581/allen-edmonds-appreciation-thread

Start reading this guy and introduce yourself, don't get your panties in a bunch again :D

You can post any question you like regarding AE. I'm coming off this thread now and as for your question. I've purchased a couple seconds and they have always been aesthetically off and never anything to do with the structure of the shoe. My last pair of seconds had some minor dark spotting but after some good polish it was fine.

If you're going to purchase seconds expect them to be "defective" period. Sometimes they come out 99% flawless sometimes not.

11. pizzapie

I have gotten rid of my obnoxious response.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  12. pizzapie

Thank you for the link.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  13. DJTejas

DJTejas New Member

I hate responding to very old posts...but I here am, sorry

To me, this looks like the shoe was too wide for his foot. This causes the shoe to fit loosely over the foot and when it bends it creases outwards.