• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aviator glasses

the_sulks

Reaction score

There is some truth to this statement. i find the douchebaggery comes from guys who wear aviators a size too big (which is most) and don't take them off when appropriate. If worn by design, they are a timeless staple.

What do you mean a size too big? Any pictures as examples?

Whatever, I tend to think any man looks a bit douchebaggery if he doesn't take them (no matter if the glasses are aviator or not) off when appropriate. Anyway, some girls like douchebags.

the_sulks

Reaction score
2all

The greatest point of my concert now is how to propely choose the size. How can I be sure the size is mine? Yeah, even though it is going to sound funny I must admit this is my first time when I buy myself sunglasses.

Cold Iron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally I do not like polarized lens for anything other than fly fishing. For the same reasons pilots don’t use polarized lenses. Most electronic devices like GPS’s, phones, cockpit instruments, etc. have polarized screens now and you can’t see them using polarized lenses.

For day to day and driving sunglasses I like Serengeti. The lens I find the most useful is the Serengeti Drivers Gradient Lens. I have both the medium aviator and Napoli and I find that I reach for the Napoli the most. Serengeti offers small, medium and large Aviator frames.

OlSarge

Reaction score
Okay, let it be your way. =)
I assume there are some universal rules relating to shape, shade, size. For example, I would like to choose the glasses of gray shade since my face and hair are light.

I prefer grey because it distorts color the least. Brown does wonders for lawns, parks, national forests, etc. but messes up most everything else. As to what size shape to get . . . I can only recommend a trip to a good optometrist and spend some time trying them on with a mirror. If you can find a woman optometrist, her viewpoint may be worth considering. I wouldn't seek out a woman's POV on men's clothing because they look for different things from what we do but when the issue is the face I make an exception.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I checked the link. Should I consider aviator heart-shaped?

Mine are more oval which fits my face better but they can be either.

It's true that it's more difficult using polarized glasses to read devices but it doesn't bother me enough to get non polarized.

Last edited:

the_sulks

Reaction score
Yesterday I joined the douchebag club having bought the aviator glasses a size too big.

Thanks for your advice.

the_sulks

Reaction score
[ATTACHMENT=2425]large metal.jpg (43k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads