• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Aviator glasses

the_sulks

Reaction score

OlSarge

Reaction score
Excuse me? What does "in fashion" have to do with anything? The question is, "Are aviator glasses stylish?" Of course, the answer is "Yes!" So the only remaining issue is whether or not they complement your face. That is something only you can decide.

Panos

Reaction score
Excuse me? What does "in fashion" have to do with anything? The question is, "Are aviator glasses stylish?" Of course, the answer is "Yes!" So the only remaining issue is whether or not they complement your face. That is something only you can decide.

Agree! Men don't have to be in fashion all the time. Some pieces, like Rayban Aviator glasses are classic.

You may want to check out Tom Ford though, I bought those last week.

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eh... most of the time I see someone wearing aviators, and I think "douchebag". Strangely it is also one of the few times I will also think that in reference to a woman as well.

Of course, I am sure none of you look like douchebags in yours...

herfitup

Reaction score
Agreed. I'm just at the age that mine are prescription bifocals, military grey-green tint, non-polarized. The military grey-green is about as dark as you can get but I'm also a pilot and they work well in the air on sunny days.

redips

Reaction score
There is some truth to this statement. i find the douchebaggery comes from guys who wear aviators a size too big (which is most) and don't take them off when appropriate. If worn by design, they are a timeless staple.

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OP, Rayban aviators are classics. My suggestion is to check Randolph Engineering. For almost the same price point (or higher with lense options), imo are better made. good luck

garymyman

Reaction score
If you can spring for it, I'd get a pair with polarized lenses. I've been wearing their Outdoorsman II style for about 10 years - I have them in gold and black, but there are others. I like the wrap around cables.

the_sulks

Reaction score

Excuse me?  What does "in fashion" have to do with anything?  The question is, "Are aviator glasses stylish?"  Of course, the answer is "Yes!"  
Okay, let it be your way. =)

I assume there are some universal rules relating to shape, shade, size. For example, I would like to choose the glasses of gray shade since my face and hair are light.

the_sulks

Reaction score

You may want to check out Tom Ford though, I bought those last week. 
The Tom Ford glasses you posted look great, yet I don't see these glasses in the stores of my neck of the woods often.

the_sulks

Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 62 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 119 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 105 29.6%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • 9”

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.0%