• We would like welcome Enzo Custom as an official Affiliate Vendor. Specializing in custom tailored clothing, and with seven showrooms throughout the country, they are dedicated to guiding you in person through their many options to produce your perfect fitting suit. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Aviation school: What to wear and bring

Fishbone

Reaction score
Hello fellow style enthusiasts. I searched a little but I could not find an answer. I am going for Aviation school to become a pilot, the course is for 11 months or above. I love suits and traditional mens wear, I am from Japan so it is quite normal to wear suits and traditional menswear here, so its the first time I am going to a place whereas it seems to be more normal to be casual.

I would like to ask for advice what I should wear and bring? I will probably only be able to be casual and wear what I want around once or twice a week. We will be getting uniforms and "uniform fittings as well"(how fitting can you make it, am I allowed to taper the pants a little?).

Since it is also in Florida, Is it worth it to bring a winter coat as well as a trench coat? If I visit the north sometimes might be good to have? Is it weird to wear a suit in Orlando and Vero Beach Florida? Can you get away if with it if it is Sunday maybe? haha Considering its Church day.

johng70

Reaction score
Florida is a VERY casual place in terms of formality. If you're there for 11 months, you're going to be there during very hot and humid weather. Wearing a suit during the day (as opposed to at night for dinner or club) is going to be very uncomfortable. As to having a winter coat - it depends on the coat and where you want to travel. Temperatures very widely in the USA. If you have a light/packable coat by all means bring it. If you have a full Canada Goose parka that takes up an entire suitcase - maybe not.

You certainly want to make sure you have light, comfortable clothes for your school work. Trying to stand around in a suit on a 120 degree tarmac isn't the smartest idea.

FlikyFlik

Reaction score
Plenty of people wear suits in Florida. Not so sure about Orlando, but definitely Miami, Naples etc.

Florida's Summer weather is like Japan's, so it's nothing you wouldn't be used to.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite type of loafer?

• Tassel loafers

• Penny loafers

• Horsebit loafers

• Kiltie loafers

• I hate loafers

Results are only viewable after voting.