• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Averaged faces of women

Brian SD

Reaction score
Picture showing women of various ethnicities with averaged facial features. Really highlights the differences between the different Asian races for me. <3 Japanese girl. 3rd row seems the hottest to me. French, Greek, Italian stand out to me, along with Peruvian, West African and Puerto Rican.
lO9OV.jpg

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
What's odd is that most of them seem prettier than 'average'
So when you average everybody, the result becomes better than average?

Yes. I've seen it a few times before on various shows and in books, but it's true that averaged faces are generally more attractive.

This is probably the reason why children of mixed heritage tend to be more attractive than average as well, I'd think.

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Yes. I've seen it a few times before on various shows and in books, but it's true that averaged faces are generally more attractive.

This is probably the reason why children of mixed heritage tend to be more attractive than average as well, I'd think.

I think one theory is that it's genetically advantageous to have a mixed-heritage partner because they may have immunity to diseases that you don't and may pass it on to your offspring.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
they all look like acne medication models. No oily skin!
inlove.gif

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Image source? I'm curious.

This is my livelihood, in a way...

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Notreknip
Image source? I'm curious.

This is my livelihood, in a way...

Forwarded to me by a friend. Sorry don't know the original source.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All rook same
confused.gif

BlackShoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Redwoood
I think one theory is that it's genetically advantageous to have a mixed-heritage partner because they may have immunity to diseases that you don't and may pass it on to your offspring.

More pragmatically, the image appears prettier, because each deficiency is cancelled by a deficiency of the opposite type; for every fat face there is a gaunt one, for every wide face, there is a narrow etc. The result being a face with no deficiencies, and therefore, an abundance of beauty. The genetic effect is remarkably similar when considering a statistically averaged pairing between races.

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I call bullshit on the source.

The point they are getting at is probably correct, but these are just single pics with some blur effects.

And yes, when you average 1000 or 1000000 girls faces, you get a hot ass chick (no obvious flaws). That's not news

scientific

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
agreed this is pure BS.
you're telling me the average indian was half smiling?
also pretty sure the greek chick (hottest one) is also the iranian, israeli, and italian, just w different photoshop/aspect ratios

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
did you guys read how it's done? It is done with algorithms that warp the images before they're overlapped. You can upload your own images and see the process if you think it is BS. Upload ten photos and you'll see the resulting image really is a composite of the ten. Upload fewer images if you're still not convinced. It's not rocket science that this is possible. In other words: if a person isn't smiling, they'll simply plot the edges of the lips and warp the lips outwards to make them smile. The resultant image is an "average" of all the images. If you get 500 non smiles and 500 ear to ear smiles, you'll get an average of a normal smile. The science goes back to Galton. This is really just an up-to-date and more technologically modern way of doing what Galton did. http://www.faceresearch.org/demos/average I can understand if you want to call BS on whether or not a speech by Reagan toppled the Soviet Union, but seriously, it's simply computer compositing of photometrics. There have been more advanced things we've done with computers.... Galton did it on criminals to see if he can identify criminals. He had to use a projector and film though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics