1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Average price paid i

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by brescd01, Aug 10, 2004.

1. brescd01

brescd01 Senior Member

I thought interesting to figure out how much people spend on each sort of men's clothing, on average.

2. Styleman

Styleman In Time Out

3. Will

Will Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

The shoe categories might use some adjustment. While there are relatively few shirt choices above $300, there are many shoe choices above $500. Lumping Edward Green's stock specials with bespoke Cleverleys leaves out some potentially interesting information.

Will

4. marc37

marc37 Senior Member

l live in Australia so discounts in high end stores are not too common. However, sinse becoming a member of styleforum l have become aware of the deals to be had online (Ebay).

l will try ebay etc some time soon.

l have always paid retail for all my top threads in a high end store. l will pay between $350 to $1,500 for a shirt. l will pay a minimum of $400 for jeans, $600 for trousers, $600 for shoes (rock bottom price lo will pay). l will pay $3,500 at least for a suit.

P.S: [thanks to this forum], l will only pay at least $1,100 for shoes now. (The average cost of my shoes prior to this forum was around $800).

l pay through the nose because it is first served first dressed. l am a label snob when it comes to jeans. l buy jeans to price everyone out of the market. $1,000 Aust Gucci jeans are always welcome. l hate wearing common label jeans.

P.S.S: l don't have the time to search for quality clothing so l opt for designer labels instead (hence the extra price).

5. Styleman

Styleman In Time Out

If you mean US $, boy the dollar rate is really killing you guys out there. Dior Homme jeans cost about 270 pounds, that is almost $500, which seems crazy when you put the price into $. Things were never like that before, what you paid in pounds, you paid similar in $, obviously prices of european goods in the US are linked to the exchange rate.

6. marc37

marc37 Senior Member

Yeah, it is a killer however, our dollar has appreciated massively over the last 12 months. (Remember; your dollar is in the shit right now). [​IMG]

7. Styleman

Styleman In Time Out

Not my dollar, my pound, I am in England.