• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

avec eric

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
http://www.hulu.com/watch/202018/ave...-dinner-social good show he's a little awkward with the tv but i still like it http://www.hulu.com/watch/186254/ave...#s-p1-n1-so-i0 just watched the 1st episode. quite good. a little pretentious in talking about ingredients and nature and pasture raised and what not, but it seems like they're really into it. it seems like a pain to move all those animals around every day just so they get optimal feed and exposure. i wonder how expensive they are. also i agree with the dude's assessment of pasture vs organic. ive been using pasture butter for awhile and it really to be completely frank and honest does taste different.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i seriously love this show. just finished season 1 he's just very respectful, very likeable, humorous, humble and the show is very informative and entertaining. each episode has a theme. the first segment has him travel somewhere, second segment talks about his restaurant, third segment he does a simple meal at home, and all three segments have the theme running through it. the recipes are very simple (although i'm sure expensive with the ingredients he uses). just a fantastic show all around. big fan of ripert as a person now. they should put this show on food network
ffffuuuu.gif
really craving some halibut now

mljones99

Reaction score
I'm a fan too. I'm a big fan of Eric Repert and his food. I actually enjoy the non-cooking portions of Avec Eric more than the cooking portion. But I have to disagree with putting on the Food Network, if that happened I have a feeling the show would change. Don't get me wrong, I watch a lot of Food Network but it's more for entertainment than actually getting some substance out of the shows.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i really love both parts non cooking and cooking. the non cooking is very educational while not being too heady (his humor is so natural. i laugh several times every episode) and cooking part is just simple.

like episode 1 of season 2 was poached halibut. he makes it seem so simple. it was just put a lot of water in a big pan. heat water. add flour to cold water first then to hot water. add orange juice. make herb vinaigrette (3 parts oil to vinegar, herbs, salt, pepepr). season halibut and add to flour water. cook til inserted metal prong is warm on the lip. pat dry. pour over vinaigrette. roast some artichokes on the side.

none of his recipes have more then 10 ingredients and all the techniques are pretty simple. i also really like how he doesn't really meausure things, but goes by taste and proportion like how most home cooks do. i think recipes are also online if you want to look up.

cchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
i also really like how he doesn't really meausure things, but goes by taste and proportion like how most home cooks do.

that's how all professional cooks are, on the savory side. anyway, i agree, its a great show. you can get it for free off of itunes as well

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I caught the Cayman Cookout episode on TV. Coincidentally according to their twitters, Ripert, Bourdain, Andreas, among other chefs, are in the Caymans right now for this years' cookout. I want to watch it badly, but Canada doesn't have hulu access
frown.gif
Edit: Thanks for the iTunes tip!

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Episodes also available on the eponymous website: aveceric.com

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finished both seasons this weekend. I really hope he does more.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
I caught the Cayman Cookout episode on TV. Coincidentally according to their twitters, Ripert, Bourdain, Andreas, among other chefs, are in the Caymans right now for this years' cookout.

I want to watch it badly, but Canada doesn't have hulu access
frown.gif

Edit: Thanks for the iTunes tip!

i just saw the cookout episode. that was amazing. they had grant achatz, david chang, etc. the recipe for curry snapper and fried rice seemed really complicated. you could tell they really rushed to fit everything in

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
btw, what's that kind of range called that he has at his "home", where there's an actual flat-top on the side? I've never seen that before, very cool?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i've been wondering about that too

i've been looking for awhile, but havent been able to find.

report back here if you find it please

CaptChaos

Reaction score
Good show, I watch it when I can. It is also shown on some PBS stations.

I get it (in HD too) on KCTS from Seattle here in Vancouver.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm just judging based on experience with my grill top at home, which is glass ceramic as well. Whenever I cook on it it's always a production to clean off the oil drippings and scrape up any residue. Then it takes a good bit of elbow grease to polish and make look presentable. I don't know...maybe I'm just OCD.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads