• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hello, new to this forum and I hate to start off with a seemingly redundant question, but... how the sam hell do I upload an avatar photo. When I try to upload a pic from my computer it says the dimensions arent right even though there 120x120. Tried using search first and got nothing. So any help would be appreciated.

By the way nice forum, been looking for a place like this.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The picture may be too large especially if you are trying to use a movable GIF. The limit is 29.3 KB.

You could also host off site using http://imageshack.us/ for free!

Good luck and welcome aboard.

JFKJean

Reaction score
If you have a photobucket acct, resize it, copy it to your comp then upload it from there

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can make avatars not show?

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
User CP > Edit Options > Scroll to the Thread Display Options section and remove the check mark next to Show Avatars

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But then you'd miss out on all the Jolly Roger fun!
plain.gif

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Okay I just tried using imageshack. Tried copying and pasting the three diffrent links to no avail. Keep getting invalid file. What am I doing wrong?

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro
Okay I just tried using imageshack. Tried copying and pasting the three diffrent links to no avail. Keep getting invalid file. What am I doing wrong?

make sure its a .jpg and not a .bmp or something else. I was having problems today too, untill I changed it to a .jpg

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silverback
User CP > Edit Options > Scroll to the Thread Display Options section and remove the check mark next to Show Avatars
Thanks. To be honest, I kinda did it because of you and all the other guys who have similar pics. Not because I didn't like it but the last thing I need is someone to see that at work
smile.gif

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. To be honest, I kinda did it because of you and all the other guys who have similar pics. Not because I didn't like it but the last thing I need is someone to see that at work
smile.gif

I know what you mean and I only did it because I saw some other people doing it so I assumed it was OK. If it is OK I like looking at them. Sure beats the Ed Hardy logos in my book.
smile.gif

Chiaroscuro

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, it was a BMP. Problem solved now.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Avatar test / It should look like this...
...but if a friendly Admin would care to insert this gif, I'd be grateful for a time span not less than 20 minutes nor greater than one year!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads