• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Chiaroscuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello, new to this forum and I hate to start off with a seemingly redundant question, but... how the sam hell do I upload an avatar photo. When I try to upload a pic from my computer it says the dimensions arent right even though there 120x120. Tried using search first and got nothing. So any help would be appreciated.

By the way nice forum, been looking for a place like this.

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The picture may be too large especially if you are trying to use a movable GIF. The limit is 29.3 KB.

You could also host off site using http://imageshack.us/ for free!

Good luck and welcome aboard.

JFKJean

Reaction score
If you have a photobucket acct, resize it, copy it to your comp then upload it from there

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can make avatars not show?

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
User CP > Edit Options > Scroll to the Thread Display Options section and remove the check mark next to Show Avatars

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But then you'd miss out on all the Jolly Roger fun!

Chiaroscuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay I just tried using imageshack. Tried copying and pasting the three diffrent links to no avail. Keep getting invalid file. What am I doing wrong?

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro
Okay I just tried using imageshack. Tried copying and pasting the three diffrent links to no avail. Keep getting invalid file. What am I doing wrong?

make sure its a .jpg and not a .bmp or something else. I was having problems today too, untill I changed it to a .jpg

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuro
What am I doing wrong?

well... are you sure your avatar is a jolly roger?

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Silverback
User CP > Edit Options > Scroll to the Thread Display Options section and remove the check mark next to Show Avatars
Thanks. To be honest, I kinda did it because of you and all the other guys who have similar pics. Not because I didn't like it but the last thing I need is someone to see that at work

Silverback

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. To be honest, I kinda did it because of you and all the other guys who have similar pics. Not because I didn't like it but the last thing I need is someone to see that at work

I know what you mean and I only did it because I saw some other people doing it so I assumed it was OK. If it is OK I like looking at them. Sure beats the Ed Hardy logos in my book.

Chiaroscuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys, it was a BMP. Problem solved now.

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Avatar test / It should look like this...
...but if a friendly Admin would care to insert this gif, I'd be grateful for a time span not less than 20 minutes nor greater than one year!

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 237 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.8%
  • 31 - 40