Auto Show – 2006 Paris – Part 4 – Citroën Metisse C, C2 Super, C4 variants, plus D

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Full Canvas, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Full Canvas

Full Canvas Senior member

No matter how wild or avant garde any of the design displays happen to be at any auto show, Citroën always is worthy of note.

The Metisse C (Boom Boom Ba!) is a hybrid that is good looking, FAST, and easy on fuel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The "old" C2 Super 1600 WRC car was there to be compared with the newer C4 WRC car and the C4 Hybride HDi.

[​IMG]

Still oddly beautiful is the old D sedan silhouette that was worthy of its own unique display.

[​IMG]

2. Dormouse

Dormouse Senior member

Wonderful photos. I wish I could've been there. Citroens are so very quirky. Sometimes hideous, other times wonderful, always distinctively French. I wish they had a presence here in America.

3. Full Canvas

Full Canvas Senior member

Wonderful photos. I wish I could've been there. Citroens are so very quirky. Sometimes hideous, other times wonderful, always distinctively French. I wish they had a presence here in America.

America's largest (that is a relative term) Citroën presence is right here in the San Diego area. By most standards, it is a sleepy little enterprise. Nevertheless, the business has a great worldwide reputation. http://www.citroen-ca.com/

The American Citroën club is here: http://www.citroenclubsusa.org/index.htm

4. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

i love citroen, but the metisse is hideous. if i didn't know the maker, i would have guessed pontiac.

5. Dormouse

Dormouse Senior member

i love citroen, but the metisse is hideous.

This particular model looks like one of their better efforts.
    The elongated silhouette is very elegant.

I don't think you can see it particularly well on these photos but from a rear 3/4 view, it is quite something. I also appreciate its boldness, as that is something quite lacking in most cars today. It has a very aggressive front fascia which might turn off those unable to, eh hem, fully appreciate its intricacy.