• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Authentic CAR SHOE (Prada) - Brown Driving Penny's - US 8.5

stamp0102

Reaction score
THE ORIGINAL "CAR SHOE" SHOES

I have been away from the site for a while traveling in Europe. Started on a cruise ship that broke (Celebrity Millenium damaged propellers on rocks). Ended up touring Italy on our own. While at our final destination, Venice, I purchased a pair of "Car Shoe" (this is the brand name as well as the style). "Car Shoe" is now owned by Prada. Their womens line is sold in Neiman, Bergdorf, saks, etc. Hard (if not impossible) to find men's in the US, however, they are all over Italy.

Shoes are US size 8.5, dark brown calf, penny style loafer/moc. Very casual looking shoe and very comfortable. I believe they are a discontinued style as they do not have the Prada name printed inside of them (as most of the newer models do). They are very similar to the Prada Linea Rossa Leather Penny Loafers found at bergdorf, saks, etc.

They are BRAND NEW, never worn outside my house, Made in Italy (and bought in Italy). I believe they are all hand made (but please don't hold me to that). "Car Shoe" shoes sell in the range of $350-450 USD. This pair was purchased for the equivalent of $300 USD.

I love the look, but after wearing them around the house, they are about 1/2 size too small. After spending the money and carrying them all the way back from Venice I would hate to let them go, but I honestly don't think I could stand wearing them due to the size. I would like them to go to a good home and will consider any offers. I would just like to recoup something for my foolishness.

Please make me an offer and shipping (in ConUS) will be on me. I unfort. do not have the box are packing materials that came with the shoes as I did not have the room in my luggage. Pictures will be posted in the next 24hrs, but if you are interested still please send me a message. Search google.com for "Prada Linea Rossa Leather Penny Loafers" to get an idea of what they are like.

stamp0102

Reaction score
someone has to want these...just a few inquiries so far...just remember I can't exactly return these and I really can't wear them...so make me an offer (something reasonable for what these are worth)...

regards,

ej

stamp0102

Reaction score
well thats great...i went all the way to italy to buy these and they have something similar in a closeout shop...and for 1/4th of the price...

maybe I can return them to marshalls ;-) ... at least that would take them off my hands...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads