• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

authentic burberry tie

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tie is very real. Hate to say this to you - on a scale of 0 to 10, that tie is a minus infinity.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But it's a nova check. Paging Lafont!

Knucklehead

Reaction score
If you want everyone to know you are wearing Burberry, purchase this tie; that is generally not the message people on this board like to convey with their attire.

manofstyle13

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Knucklehead
If you want everyone to know you are wearing Burberry, purchase this tie; that is generally not the message people on this board like to convey with their attire.

very true. Dont be defined by the brand

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd advise reporting "is this authentic?" threads to the mods using the little red triangle at the bottom left of the OP. The problem is that we're not an authentication site, and these kinds of threads clog up the front pages. I usually flag them, and recommend that the mods delete them, because if they get rampant, they'll turn up on google searches and pretty soon everyday we'll get fifteen new members asking, "Hey is this LV real?" Is this Gucci real?

We don't authenticate, and a buyer should do his/her own homework. I've been on some LV forums in teh past where the mods didn't proactively nip this stuff in the bud and soon enough it was like an infestation.

Just my two cents.

As well, there is a "ask a question/get an answer" thread where somebody could ask, "What's your opinion of this?" more easily than a dedicated thread to each and every auction listing. Trust me, it gets to be a headache.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I'd advise reporting "is this authentic?" threads to the mods using the little red triangle at the bottom left of the OP. The problem is that we're not an authentication site, and these kinds of threads clog up the front pages. I usually flag them, and recommend that the mods delete them, because if they get rampant, they'll turn up on google searches and pretty soon everyday we'll get fifteen new members asking, "Hey is this LV real?" Is this Gucci real?

We don't authenticate, and a buyer should do his/her own homework. I've been on some LV forums in teh past where the mods didn't proactively nip this stuff in the bud and soon enough it was like an infestation.

Just my two cents.

As well, there is a "ask a question/get an answer" thread where somebody could ask, "What's your opinion of this?" more easily than a dedicated thread to each and every auction listing. Trust me, it gets to be a headache.

agree 100%. there is thread asking if a moncler vet is real? how the fluff would a SF member know not having seen the product in person. these threads are all fluff or spam!

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
agree 100%. there is thread asking if a moncler vet is real? how the fluff would a SF member know not having seen the product in person. these threads are all fluff or spam!
I don't think they're spam, but SF is coming up when people are googling "authenticate" blagh balgh blagh or "real gucci" or "is this lv real" The only way to stop it is to make sure it doesn't turn up in the searches, which is to delete the threads in question. These members aren't here to take part or to be real members... they just want to know if their $7 Louis Vuitton sunglasses bought from directoutretchinesegoodsforyou dot com is legit! Further, as you said, it's not that we don't want to be helpful... but (1) without seeing it in person, who knows and (2) often, if you have to ASK, answer is that it is probably fake. Rule of thumb for anybody is to assume it's fake if it is online or if you don't know how to tell on your own. The only way to know differently is to do your own homework, and that doesn't mean "Hey, tell me if this is real."

Mudhiker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413

And usually created by people with fewer than 10 posts. I wish there was some sort of rule programmed into the board wherein a member needs a small number of posts before being allowed to start an entirely new thread. Something to cut down on the spammers is what I am thinking.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
I don't think they're spam, but SF is coming up when people are googling "authenticate" blagh balgh blagh or "real gucci" or "is this lv real" The only way to stop it is to make sure it doesn't turn up in the searches, which is to delete the threads in question. These members aren't here to take part or to be real members... they just want to know if their $7 Louis Vuitton sunglasses bought from directoutretchinesegoodsforyou dot com is legit!

Further, as you said, it's not that we don't want to be helpful... but (1) without seeing it in person, who knows and (2) often, if you have to ASK, answer is that it is probably fake.

Rule of thumb for anybody is to assume it's fake if it is online or if you don't know how to tell on your own. The only way to know differently is to do your own homework, and that doesn't mean "Hey, tell me if this is real."

Agree 100%.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads